We’re here to support business growth, not to throw up a bunch of obstacles that will make life more miserable for them – and that’s especially important for a tourism destination such as Collingwood.
Collingwood, Ontario (PRWEB) October 24, 2011
For the longest time – in fact for the duration of last council’s tenure, the zoning restrictions for Cranberry Mews (http://www.cranberrymews.com) the lifestyle retail centre at the north end of town, were as painful to managers of the centre as an abscess tooth. In fact the centre wasn’t even allowed to have a dentist as a tenant.
Now, thanks to what Deputy Mayor Rick Lloyd attributes to a ‘considerably more business friendly’ council than the previous administration, the ‘abscess’ has been removed – as these zoning restrictions are being lifted to accommodate a broader range of tenants and services.
An immediate benefit to Collingwood – particularly residents on the north-west side of town, is that a new dentist – Dr. Clarence Leung is bringing his clinic to Cranberry Mews, joining other health and lifestyle services that include Collingwood Sport Medicine and Rehabilitation Centre, Dr. Koo Orthopedic Surgeon. Active Life Conditioning and The Best You.
“In the past, there were concerns that retail centers such as Cranberry Mews would just take business away from our downtown core. But I view Cranberry Mews as a gateway to our community,” observes Deputy Mayor Rick Lloyd. “When you have a location such as Cranberry Mews attracting new businesses to the area – such as the new dentist, then it raises the bar for the community in terms of having more quality of life services.”
Lloyd says whether it’s making zoning less restrictive for the likes of Cranberry Mews, or allowing downtown store owners to decide for themselves where to position an outdoor patio – the message is the same. “We’re here to support business growth, not to throw up a bunch of obstacles that will make life more miserable for them – and that’s especially important for a tourism destination such as Collingwood.”
Andres Paara of Lush Realty (http://www.lushrealty.com), the brokerage handling rentals for Cranberry Mews concurs. “In our case, the current council is making it possible for Cranberry Mews to attract a broader range of core services –whereas before with the previous council we couldn’t even entertain the thought of having a dentist as a tenant and ultimately, it was Collingwood residents that were losing out.”
CRANBERRY MEWS TODAY
Currently, Cranberry Mews tenants range from healthcare and quality of life service providers to retailers who cater to both whimsical and essential needs, including:
- Active Life Conditioning, a coach-based training centre;
- Cabin Bistro, a truly unique blend of urban and rural culinary experiences;
- Collingwood Sport Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre, a state-of-the-art sport injury treatment centre;
- Dr. Clarence Leung, a general dental practice;
- Dr. Henry Koo, an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sport-related injuries;
- Hasty Market, a convenience store carrying fresh and frozen food items;
- Ladies Designer Fashions, sale of ladies clothing and accessories;
- Home Zone Bed & Bath, a home décor centre;
- Stone Custom Homes, Architect and custom home designer and builder;
- One Tooth Active Wear, a Canadian-made active clothing line;
- Pure Organic Food & Juice Bar, featuring a full course raw food menu;
- Sophie’s Salon & Spa, a full service unisex salon; and,
- The Best You, a personal enhancement centre.
- Peak 2 Creek Colour & Design, an Eco-Responsible paint & decorating, home building materials, living products and design build furniture & fixturing.
With only six vacancies remaining, Cranberry Mews is one of the best commercial and retail opportunities in Collingwood, a booming four-season recreational community in the Georgian Bay Triangle, says Paara.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Cranberry Mews is operated by Foremost Financial Corporation, a Toronto-based real estate lender and financier with over 20 years of operating experience. Businesses interested in leasing space in Cranberry Mews should contact Andres Paara at Lush Realty in Collingwood at 1-800-265-3949, or pay a visit to http://www.cranberrymews.com and click on Business Opportunities.