Sonoma, CA (PRWEB) October 24, 2011
Nelson is delighted to announce founder Gary Nelson’s inclusion in SIReview’s Who’s Who: The Staffing 100. As SIReview put it, “The Staffing 100 is not a ranking; rather, it’s a list of influential staffing leaders chosen after a thorough review of nominations made by [clients], our advisors and the Staffing Industry Analysts’ team.”
Nelson has had a banner year leading up to this inclusion in the top 100. The Bay Area News Group listed the company as one of the 2011 Top Work Places, North Bay Biz awarded Nelson Best Job Placement Service 2011, and Staffing Industry Analysts and San Francisco Business Times also included Nelson among their “Best Staffing Firms” and “Best Places to Work.” Likewise, WorkforceLogic, a division of Nelson,earned Top Overall Performer VMS/MSP from Staffing Industry Analysts and HRO Baker’s Dozen ranking as a winner in customer satisfaction and breadth of service.
“I couldn’t be more proud of my father,” said son and Executive VP of Staffing Services, Craig S. Nelson. “I believe the thing that makes him stand head and shoulders above the rest is his spirit of innovation and willingness to change. He is always focused on meeting the changing needs of our customers. In the 90s, he saw that staffing was trending toward managed services and vendor management, and, rather than contracting out that business, he hired VMS/MSP experts to develop software that incorporated his 30-some years of staffing experience. The result was WorkforceLogic, a stand-alone business unit that is now relied upon by companies globally.”
When asked how he felt about being named a Top 100 influential leader, Gary Nelson (a staunch San Francisco 49er fan) said, “When the 49ers named us their Preferred Staffing Provider, I thought my year was made, but this is the icing on the cake! I am honored to be in this publication with colleagues who have helped shape the staffing and contingent workforce management industries.”
About the Nelson Family of Companies
The Nelson Family of Companies was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Sonoma, CA. According to Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), the company has grown into the 44th largest staffing company in the United States and is the largest independent human capital solutions company in Northern California. Nelson ranks nationally among the “Top 10 Best Staffing Firms to Work For” and was just included in the Bay Area News Group’s Top Workplaces of 2011. Embracing the values of excellence, innovation, empathy, and integrity when interacting with clients and employees alike, Nelson holds itself to a high standard. To learn more about the company, visit http://www.nelsonhr.com.
The Nelson Family of Companies consists of the following businesses:
- Nelson Staffing: Provides consultant, executive, full-time and temporary talent in a broad range of career areas including winery operations, technology, game software testing, legal, engineering, office administration, hospitality, light industrial, customer service, marketing, non-profit, human resources, business development, and sales. http://www.nelsonstaffing.com
- WorkforceLogic: Delivers workforce management and risk mitigation solutions that give businesses of all sizes improved control over their contingent workforce programs. http://www.workforcelogic.com
- Nelson & Associates: Provides full-time and executive search placement, as well as consultant and temporary professionals in the financial area. http://www.nelsonandassociates.com
- Nelson Technology: Provides end-to-end consulting services that include requirements gathering and analysis, project management, product/software development, testing, deployment and maintenance, as well as the placement of software and IT support professionals. http://www.nelsontechnology.com
- NelsonJobs.com: Northern California’s premier job board. http://www.nelsonjobs.com
- HRhome: Is a members-only online resource created by HR professionals for HR professionals. Subscribers have access to proprietary content and customizable features within nine primary sections that allow them to find the information, tools and resources they need to quickly solve HR-related challenges. http://www.hrhome.com