This service pack adds enhanced management control and self-service features to the market leading Intercede MyID platform
Reston, Virginia (PRWEB) October 26, 2011
Intercede (London Stock Exchange AIM: IGP), the producer of MyID, a world-leader in identity and credential management systems (IDCMS) announces that Intercede MyID PIV v9 Service Pack 1 has been released. This service pack adds enhanced management control and self-service features to the market leading Intercede MyID platform, making large volume card deployments easier to maintain, reducing help desk costs and increasing user satisfaction.
Key features of this release include:
- One system for PIV, PIV-I and PIV-C - issue PIV, PIV-interoperable and PIV-compatible credentials from a single instance of MyID
- Faster troubleshooting - use the MyID Heath Check to remotely validate card content via the cardholder’s own desktop
- Reduce help desk costs - with offline unlock and self-service biometric PIN reset
- Increase service levels - with instant re-provisioning and reinstating of cards
- Improve control - with enhanced card policy versioning, card expiry date control and certificate policy/CA migration capabilities
New policy features include:
- Supersede certificates - allows for a managed migration from one certificate policy or certificate authority to another for renewed certificates (e.g. from SHA-1 to SHA-256). Includes automatic update of card profiles.
- Card profile version history - enhanced control over when a new card profile version is created and capture of change history and reasons for change.
- Multiple content signing certificates - allows a single instance of MyID to provision data authorized by multiple signing authorities, which enables PIV, PIV-I and PIV-C credentials to be issued from a single system.
- Card expiry override - allows specific card expiry dates to be set from the MyID GUI at the time of request and enables known short-term cards to be provisioned for temporary or contract workers with a pre-set lifetime.
In addition Intercede MyID PIV v9 Service Pack 1 adds support for the latest Microsoft platforms, updated PKI infrastructures and new SP800-73-3 compliant PIV cards.
Richard Parris, Chief Executive at Intercede, commented: “This new service pack meets the real-world requirements of our established customer base. It is the result of our continuous investment in product improvement and enables customers to achieve enhanced levels of productivity and control. In so doing it maintains our industry leadership in the issuance and management of assured identities within the US government, public sector and aerospace and defence markets.”
Intercede is the producer of the MyID Identity and Credential Management System (IDCMS).
Intercede MyID technology is being used around the world by large corporations, governments and banks to manage millions of identities for employees, citizens and customers. Notable deployments in the US include 14 federal agencies, two million smart cards in support of the US Transportation Worker Identity Credential program (TWIC), four US financial institutions and 320,000 smart corporate identity badges for Boeing, Booz Allen Hamilton and Lockheed Martin. In Europe, Australasia and the Middle East, Intercede MyID is being deployed in support of government identity, financial services, health and corporate employee ID security projects.
Intercede MyID is the only IDCMS software product that enables organizations to easily and securely manage the identities of people and their associated identity credentials within a single, integrated, workflow driven platform. This includes enabling and managing secure registration, biometric capture, application vetting and approval through to smart card personalization, issuance and management.
Intercede MyID was the first electronic personalization product to achieve compliance with the US FIPS-201 Personal Identity Verification (PIV) standard and is widely deployed by federal agencies, government contractors and other commercial entities. In particular, it supports the latest standards applicable for all PIV, PIV-Interoperable and PIV-Compatible deployments.
It can issue and manage a wide variety of IDs and credentials, providing customers with a platform that can meet their needs now and in the future. It is a fully supported commercial off-the-shelf product that can be quickly deployed for thousands or millions of users.
For more information visit http://www.intercede.com
Intercede Group plc
Tel. +44 (0)1455 558111
Richard Parris, Chairman & Chief Executive
Andrew Walker, Finance Director
Tel. + 44 (0)20 7600 1658
Charles Cunningham, Corporate Finance
Rose Herbert, Corporate Finance
Joanna Weaving, Corporate Broking
Pelham Bell Pottinger
Tel. +44 (0)20 7861 3112