Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) October 26, 2011
The Atlas of Giving today announced the first-ever comprehensive fundraising and forecasting tool for nonprofits. The Atlas of Giving also delivers a monthly benchmark for nonprofits to use for evaluation and comparison of results. The Atlas analyzes recent economic data from a variety of sources to produce a sophisticated analysis and forecast for the nonprofit sector. The tool also looks at giving specifics across multiple sectors (including religion, education, arts and environmental causes), multiple donor types (including individuals, corporations foundations, and bequests) and by state.
“This is really the first tool of its kind to help nonprofits forecast charitable giving based on current information and trends,” said Rob Mitchell, CEO of Atlas of Giving. “The nonprofit sector is the only industry of its size that does not rely on current data and forecasting tools to make informed, forward-looking decisions about giving and giving campaigns. Too often there is a reliance on older data or simple guesswork. We aim to change that approach. The ultimate benefit will be that nonprofits become more effective and efficient.”
Also included in the Atlas of Giving is an analysis of factors and current events that are affecting charitable giving, as well as suggestions for practitioners on how to best use the information for immediate and future financial benefit.
“The Atlas of Giving will have a very positive impact on the nonprofit sector,” said Charles Schultz, president of Crescendo Interactive. “Nonprofit professionals will no longer ‘fly blind’ into the future. They finally have a sound basis for crucial financial decisions. Because we all live with major economic uncertainty and rapid changes, it’s very risky to rely on financial data that is more than three-months old. With accurate projections of future giving, nonprofit leaders can now make the right decisions that lead their organizations to much greater success.”
Key Benefits of Atlas of Giving:
- Predictive Forecasting – Nonprofits can turn to forecasting systems and processes that work well in the for-profit sector to make the most informed decisions with limited resources.
- Monthly Benchmark – Current monthly benchmark with immediate utility that allows nonprofits to gauge campaigns and fundraising efforts against their peers by sector and geography.
- Raising Money – Nonprofits can more accurately predict current economic conditions to better plan for periods of increased giving or a downturn in contributions.
- Budgeting Efficiency – Organizations and churches can plan budgets based on a reliable charitable giving forecast and make mid-year adjustments as trends emerge, events unfold and the forecast changes.
- Evaluation – Nonprofits can leverage the monthly benchmark to better gauge fundraising promotion results, staff performance and policy changes, as well as refine efforts going forward.
The Atlas of Giving technology can be used to create customized benchmarking and forecasting models for individual organizations or groups of organizations using their historical giving data and other unique factors.
The Atlas of Giving is available now and will be updated on a monthly basis. The fee for 12-month access to the Atlas of Giving online will be $249. To learn more, visit: http://www.atlasofgiving.com
About Atlas of Giving
The Atlas of Giving is the economic intelligence tool for charitable giving. It combines a charitable giving forecast with a report of monthly, quarterly, and annual aggregate charitable giving. Each month the Atlas of Giving provides an updated report that is utilized by nonprofit executives and providers to nonprofits and churches. For more information, visit http://www.atlasofgiving.com