With regulatory conditions constantly changing, business needs to adapt through the use of highly collaborative content solutions.
Toronto, ON (PRWEB) October 27, 2011
i4i Inc., a world leader in collaborative content solutions and technologies for life sciences, announces the release of A4L Professional Version 5.0. This significant release incorporates all the functionality of Microsoft® Word 2007 and 2010 into a powerful XML editor, enhancing the user interface, performance and stability.
A4L Professional V5.0 leverages Microsoft® Word’s OOXML file format (ISO 29500 compliant) to publish Microsoft® Word documents directly to industry standard XML formats such as the Health Level Seven (HL7) Structured Product Labeling (SPL) document. V5 also supports enhanced collaborative authoring, as well as connectivity to current federal regulations and requirements.
New features include enhanced support for content migration, formatting, and improved performance. A4L users now have the ability to share their documents with non-A4L users allowing for seamless collaboration on edits, updates and changes; other users need not be familiar with A4L or the SPL requirements. The A4L user maintains complete control over content, ensuring any regulatory or xml content requirements are maintained within the document.
“We are very excited about the latest version of A4L. It continues i4i’s quest to produce the most flexible yet robust content solutions for life sciences. With regulatory conditions constantly changing, business needs to adapt through the use of highly collaborative content solutions. Minimizing risk and enhancing content re-use toward fostering collaborative authoring are always the focus for i4i.” said Michel Vulpe, Founder and CTO of i4i Inc.
A4L Professional V5.0 offers an updated experience in:
Content management and re-use within documents:
- Controlled Vocabulary – Allows for corporate or standard terminology to be used.
- Keywords - Allows a word to be re-used through a document. If it is changed, all instances of the keyword change
- Content re-use with internal document ‘linking’ - Pieces of text or paragraphs can be re-used within a document. The master content is editable, and when it is updated, all content that references it is also updated.
- Send to non-A4L users for review and merge content between multiple authors
- Annotate documents - Creates a tabular view of the document in which authors can annotate. This annotation document can also be shared with others to review.
Customizable user interface:
- All menu item labels, tooltips, graphics, and groups can be customized within the A4L ribbon, allowing for custom corporate ribbons
- Templates can be configured to allow custom inline character formatting that can map to an external schema element.
Conversion from Word files to A4L template-supported files.
- Users can paste a standard Word document or section and have A4L automatically convert it/mark it up to a template-supported document/section.
Based in Toronto, Canada, i4i (http://www.i4i.com) is a world leader in the design and development of XML-based content solutions and technologies. The company has a proven record of accomplishment and innovation, having authored international standards and patented its technology. Through the use of i4i's comprehensive suite of products, life science companies can author, verify, submit and manage product-labeling requirements across the globe. i4i has successfully developed and deployed collaborative content solutions to customers in life sciences, as well as other industries and governments around the world.