Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 28, 2011
AIS, publisher of Health Plan Week, AIS’s Directory of Health Plans and Medicare Advantage News, is pleased to announce publication of Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2011-2012. This new resource contains valuable information on important trends that are re-shaping the health care industry, reliable data to help track and analyze health plan enrollment and financial trends, plus directories and other resources to address the challenges and opportunities ahead with the best information available. Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/health-plan-facts-trends-and-data for more information.
Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data: 2011-2012 is written for managers of HMOs, PPOs, POS plans and PSOs, hospital managers, health system executives, group practice managers, managers of IDSs, insurance executives, employee benefits managers, consultants and attorneys.
Spanning 500 pages and 18 chapters, this comprehensive resource covers the most current and relevant developments in the ever-changing health care industry:
- Insurance exchanges — covering the effect of exchanges on health plans and other stakeholders; benefit design and product offerings; adverse selection; state legislation and activities; and HHS initiatives
- Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) regulations — providing insight into compliance and calculation strategies; MLR's impact on sales and marketing; the impact on individual and small-group markets; and a look at state waivers
- Accountable care organizations (ACOs) — detailing components, pilots, programs and product development; implications for providers; as well as insight into ACO regulations and ensuing legal concerns
- Social media — examining health plans’ use of social media tools; the implementation of online tools for consumers; and applications and services for mobile communication
Health Plan Facts, Trends and Data functions as an easy-to-understand state-of-the-industry report with information on:
- Reform’s impact on the role of brokers and changes in broker compensation structures,
- Ways employers are looking to control coverage costs,
- DOJ’s probe of the Blues’ “Most-Favored Nation” clauses,
- Health management strategies for specific conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, obesity, blood clots and pregnancy,
- The story behind the Delaware Blues and Highmark affiliation,
- Initiatives in network administration, reimbursement and quality ratings,
- And much, much more.
This resource also includes convenient directories of federal, state and regional health insurance officials for reference and mailing lists. Go to http://aishealth.com/marketplace/health-plan-facts-trends-and-data for more detailed information today.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.