Life is not a race, and the journey ‘is’ the destination. If you want to improve both your happiness in the short term, while improving your fulfillment in the long run, you can use Getting Results the Agile Way to do so.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) October 28, 2011
Some say, “Time is all we have.” To master time is to master life. The secret of time management is to have a trusted system and a collection of time management tips and time management strategies to draw from.
Getting Results the Agile Way (http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Results-Agile-Way-Personal/dp/0984548203), by J.D. Meier, now available on Kindle, is a time management system for achievers focused on meaningful results. The power of Getting Results the Agile Way is that it combines some of the best practices for thinking, feeling, and taking action into one simple system to help achievers make the most of what they’ve got.
Here is a short, two-minute video that shows how a CTO of a non-profit organization uses Getting Results the Agile Way to help doctors and patients around the world, while dealing with incredible stress and time pressure in extreme scenarios:
Note – You can view the video directly at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5o0JhIh784
Getting Results the Agile Ways tackles time management in three unique ways:
1. The Rule of Three - By choosing three wins to focus on each day, this simplifies life and puts the most important things front and center.
2. Monday Vision, Daily Outcomes, Friday Reflection - On Mondays, identify three wins for the week. Each day, identify three wins for that day, to support the three wins for the week. On Friday's identify three things going well, and three things to improve. Each day is a fresh start, and each week is a new chance to achieve new wins. Getting back on track is as simple as identifying three wins for the day, and taking it from there.
3. Hot Spots - If life is a heat map, the Hot Spots are the big opportunities and pain points in life. Hot Spots help to see the forest for the trees. By focusing on Hot Spots, this focuses time, energy, and attention to achieve better, faster, and more effective results.
The Getting Results Knowledge Base at http://gettingresults.com/wiki/Knowledge_Base is a large collection of free time management tips and time management strategies. It's wisdom of the ages and modern sages that plug into the Getting Results system. For example, for actionable recommendations on motivation, time management, and focus, the Getting Results Knowledge Base provides principles, patterns, and practices in the form of guidelines and checklists. There are even step-by-step How Tos to help achievers set goals and achieve them.
Three big ideas to add to the bag of time management tips and tricks are:
1. Spend time with skill - The key to better results is working on the right things, at the right time, the right way, with the right energy.
2. Drive from lifestyle – As J.D. says, “Drive life from who you want to be and what experiences you want to create.”
3. Spend more time in the most important values - It's been said, “We can't add more years to our life, but we can add more life to our years.” One way to do this is to spend more time in the values that light up life and connect to fundamental values, which some would say is ultimately the key to "The Good Life."
Life is not a race, and the journey “is” the destination. To improve happiness both in the short term, while improving your fulfillment in the long run, Getting Results the Agile Way addresses both. Here's the secret in the form of a golden rule: “Give your best where you have your best to give.” By tapping into unique strengths and talents, the inner-achiever unleashes exponential results. This is the ultimate way to, as J.D. says, “Be YOUR best” and flourish in an ever-changing world. While controlling the winds may not be possible, adjusting the sails is the next best thing, and that's "the Agile Way" in action.