All our products and programs can work together to support the certification and certificate programs, and professional education in general.
Los Alamitos, California (PRWEB) October 31, 2011
Sorel Reisman, 2011 President of the IEEE Computer Society, met with a touring group of software engineering professors and other professionals from several universities in China to discuss education and training programs—including software development certifications—and explore possible partnerships.
The delegation’s October 24 visit to the Computer Society’s Los Alamitos office was the culmination of a tour of the United States that included visits to the IEEE Computer Society’s Washington, DC office and a variety of universities and high-tech companies on both the east and west coasts.
The group included:
- Hai Han, vice president, Jianghan University School of Mathematics and Computer Sciences;
- Lian Li, assistant researcher, Northwestern Polytechnical University School of Computer Science and Technology;
- Changjiang Ruan, assistant researcher, Northwestern Polytechnical Unversity School of Computer Science and Technology;
- Zhigang Huang, vice president, Hunan Vocational College of Science and Technology’s Software School;
- Ruigang Yu, lecturer, Kunming University Information Technology College;
- Yu Liang, senior engineer, Yunnan University Software School;
- Zhenxiong Li, lecturer, Yunnan University Software School;
- Eryu Ding, assistant to the president, Nanjing University Software Institute;
- Dongxiao Yang, professor, Zhejiang University Department of Information and Electronic Engineering;
- Tao Wu, associate professor, Huazhong University of Science and Technology School of Software Engineering;
- Dehong Qiu, associate professor, Huazhong University of Science and Technology School of Software Engineering;
- Liang Shi, associate professor, Xiamen University School of Software;
- Siyi Dong, associate professor, Hubei Xiyuan Information Technology Training School; and
- Yuxin Dong, associate professor, Harbin Engineering University School of Software.
Joining the group was Yao Lin, project manager with the China International Talent Exchange Foundation.
Reisman and Computer Society staff shared information with the group regarding the Computer Society’s Certified Software Development Associate (CSDA) and Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) programs, the upcoming revision of the Guide to the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK), and the Society’s various publications, products, services, and educational outreach efforts. The representatives were particularly interested in partnership opportunities, to expand the reach of the IEEE Computer Society and its professional education programs and certifications into the China market.
“The success of our programs depends on the efforts of dedicated volunteers and partners like yourselves,” said Reisman. “The CSDA and CSDP are evidence of the high-quality technical skills of the individuals who hold them, but the content and integrity of certifications reflects the valuable work of hundreds of software professionals and educators.”
Welcoming the group to the IEEE Computer Society’s Los Alamitos office, Products & Services Director Evan Butterfield described the Society’s magazines, journals, books, digital products, conferences, and other programs. “All our products and programs can work together to support the certification and certificate programs, and professional education in general. The Computer Society is committed to education, and has the opportunity to be the premier provider of computer technology-related education and certifications that enhance professionals’ careers.”
About the IEEE Computer Society
With nearly 85,000 members, the IEEE Computer Society is the world’s leading organization of computing professionals. Founded in 1946, and the largest of the 38 societies of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the Computer Society is dedicated to advancing the theory and application of computer and information-processing technology, and is known globally for its computing standards activities. For more information, go to http://www.computer.org.