Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) October 31, 2011
Happening every spring, millions of Americans dig out their prized boats and RV’s only find thousands of dollars in costly mold damage as a result of improper winter storage. Mold can grow anywhere there is warmth and moisture, which makes your RV, camper or other recreational vehicle an ideal location for it to flourish. In particular, mold can flourish in places like the ventilation system, under carpets, in the refrigerator and bathroom and under the seats.
In addition, Mold can grow on virtually any surface of your boat and equipment and, if not dealt with, can cause massive damage that can be irreversible. Even surfaces that say they are resistant to mold may grow mold due to the fact that it can survive on a thin film of dirt or other organic material. This can happen in any season, whether the boat is in the water or dry-docked for the winter months.
Mold can cause considerable damage to vinyl tops, vinyl seating, canvas, carpets, leather, refrigerators, fabrics, awnings, and sails among many other surfaces. In order to properly store your recreational vehicle, MoldOff, the world’s only green friendly mold removal product, offers the following tips:
- Wash and wax your vehicle to prevent dust or dirt buildup and to deprive mold of the food it needs to grow.
- Disconnect the battery. If the RV or boat is stored in a harsh climate take the battery out and store it in a more moderate, climate-controlled area.
- Use pads to park your rig with the tires off the ground to prevent soft spots.
- Turn off pilot lights and turn off the propane at the source.
- Drain all water from your rig including hot and fresh water tanks, and all hot and cold lines.
- Turn the refrigerator off, defrost and wipe it dry. Leave the door propped open a little bit so air can circulate.
- Seal all outside openings to prevent critters from taking up residence inside.
- Use a breathable cover to avoid condensation forming between the cover and RV, or park it inside a garage or facility. Consult an RV or boat dealer on the proper cover size.
- Wipe down all surfaces inside and out and make sure carpets are dry.
In addition, using a mold removal and prevention product like MoldOff on all surfaces when storing your RV or boat will actually prevent the build-up of mold all winter long. MoldOff is a green, eco-friendly, pH neutral and biodegradable mold removal product that destroys mold at the source. The product is safe for all vehicle surfaces, yet cleans better than the other harsh products on the market, and it won't cause any dangerous health issues.
ABOUT the Grawood Enterprises
Grawood Enterprises, based in Phoenix, Arizona, was founded in 2007 by two friends with one product ... MoldOff. Since then, other products have evolved and been added to the line of safe, effective cleaning solutions.
Our Mission: Grawood is dedicated to finding eco-friendly cleaning solutions that are easy to use, safe for the environment, and really work.
Our Vision: To be a leader in providing safe products for the environment.
For additional information, please call 623-434-6536 or visit http://www.MoldOff.com
Jason W. Jantzen
Phoenix Marketing Associates