DATAVERSITY’s mission is to give the entire Data Management field a comprehensive online educational gateway...
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 31, 2011
DATAVERSITY is the new destination for learning, best practices and thought-leadership in the field of Data and Information Management. All professionals involved in these increasing important roles are now invited to join our growing community of industry experts and practitioners as we collaborate to provide educational opportunities, news and insights on topics such as Data Governance, MDM, Business Analytics, Big Data, Unstructured Data and much more.
DATAVERSITY services include webinars, blogs, articles, conferences and research. Fresh, thought-provoking professional content is posted daily, and most is offered free to DATAVERSITY members (conferences and training are discounted). Membership itself is also free to individuals, with corporate subscriptions available as well. Individuals may sign up HERE to stay informed and gain access.
DATAVERSITY™ activities center on a fast-expanding online educational portal at http://www.Dataversity.net. Weekly webinars provide a constant flow of up-to-the-minute education on new technologies such as Big Data, NOSQL and semantics, plus critical enterprise management topics such as Data Governance, Master Data Management and Information Quality. Programs are currently in development on Data Modeling, Integration, Metadata, Unstructured Data and Security.
“DATAVERSITY’s mission is to give the entire Data Management field a comprehensive online educational gateway,” said founder Tony Shaw. “We will offer a fast-growing collection of webinars, articles, training and certification materials, job postings and a host of other valuable resources central to the learning requirements of experienced industry professionals, as well as those just entering into the field.”
Some upcoming events include:
- Nov 8 Webinar: Dr. Peter Aiken on Data Management Technologies Webinar
- Nov 10 Webinar: What You Need to Know to Move from a Relational to NoSQL Database
- Nov 15 Webinar: What Drove Wordnik Non-Relational?
- Nov 17 Webinar: Getting Started with Unstructured Data
- Nov 22 Webinar: Anatomy of a Business Process – Understanding How Work Gets Done
- Dec 15 Webinar: The Hidden Corporation and Information Protection
To see a full list and descriptions of the webinars go here: http://www.dataversity.net/archives/category/education/webinars/upcoming-webinars
Many industry professionals are currently contributing to the DATAVERSITY blog roll, including recent additions to the contributing team:
- Jaime Fitzgerald, Founder and President of Fitzgerald Analytics: With a specialization in Analytics, Jaime has written articles titled “Behind the Netflix Debacle, A Core Data-Management Blunder” and “Habits of Highly Effective Data Professionals: Beginning with the End in Mind”
- Glenn J Thomas: An expert in government use of data, Glenn has written entries titled “Government Data in the Cloud: Things to Consider”, and “To Err is Human” which focuses on Data Protection issues.
- Jim Wessely, President and Co-founder of Advanced Document Sciences: A long time specialist in unstructured data, Jim writes about organizing and accessing enterprise unstructured content.
- Robert Greene: A long time expert in NoSQL technologies and processes, Robert is the Vice President of Technology at Versant. Robert has a primary focus on NoSQL and has already contributed three blogs.
- Sue Geuens: Four significant blog entries already, Sue is a Certified Data Management Professional who has extensive experience in the field dating back to 1996. She is an expert in many aspects of the industry including Data Governance, Reference Data and a range of others.
- Susan Earley: A long time specialist in Business Intelligence, Sue has more than 20 years of experience in the Data Management field with experience in application development, data warehouse development and management, data modeling and data architecture. She has recently contributed one article titled “The Case for Technical Librarians in an IT Shop.”
To see the comprehensive list of DATAVERSITY™ contributors go here: http://www.dataversity.net/contributors
To see a full list of articles already published on the site go here: http://www.dataversity.net/archives/category/education/articles
DATAVERSITY provides a centralized location for training, online webinars, certification, news and more for information technology (IT) professionals, executives and business managers worldwide. Members enjoy access to a deeper archive, leaders within the industry, knowledge base and discounts off many educational resources including webinars and data management conferences. For more information please visit: http://www.dataversity.net/, or email: info(at)dataversity(dot)net.
# # #