It was an honor to be asked to participate in Pioneers for a Cure. This is a very important issue, one to which I hope many people will contribute. -Randy Brecker
New York, NY (PRWEB) October 31, 2011
Pioneers For A Cure - Songs To Fight Cancer is pleased to announce the iTunes release of 'American Songs To Fight Cancer'. The collection features top contemporary artists from across the musical spectrum exploring the past 200 years of American music.
As with all music released by Pioneers For A Cure, each individual artist selects the cancer charity of his or her choice to receive the proceeds from the sale of the music.
'American Songs To Fight Cancer' can be found on iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/pioneers-for-a-cure-american/id475777189
Complete listing of artists and songs:
1. 'Shenandoah' by Taylor Barton & G.E. Smith
2. 'Now Let Me Fly' by Ben E. King
3. 'The Streets of Laredo' by Suzanne Vega
4. 'Tennessee Stud' by Matt White
5. 'After You've Gone' by Lilias White
6. 'Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho' by Tom Verlaine
7. 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot' by Bill Evans
8. 'When You & I Were Young' by Jane Williams
9. 'Wade in the Water' by Chris Potter
10. 'Left My Gal In The Mountains' by Tom Chapin
11. 'Ballin' The Jack' by Oz Noy
12. 'Ballad of John Henry' by Randy Brecker
13. 'Look for the Silver Lining' by John Pizzarelli
14. 'Go Down, Moses' by Gary Lucas
Pioneers For A Cure - Songs To Fight Cancer is the largest showcase of cancer charities on the web. Called '[A] stellar model of artist-driven grassroots philanthropy' by National Geographic, the non-profit project records public domain songs, reinterpreted and made available for donations of as little as $1.99. This treasure trove of over 100 songs has been recorded by dozens of artists from around the world including Suzanne Vega, Ben E. King, Tom Chapin, Tom Verlaine, Matt White and David Broza. Fine Mira Sasson has painted the Pioneer Portraits of the singers, which are made available as US Postage Stamps to fight cancer. Proceeds from song downloads are donated to artist-selected cancer charities such as the American Cancer Society, St. Jude Children's Hospital, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and Susan G. Koman for the Cure.
Please contact Pioneers For A Cure for more information, reviews and other press requests.
# # #