Centerville, OH (PRWEB) November 03, 2011
The message about emergency preparedness from Ready.gov to have a plan, make a kit and stay informed is hitting home with many people who's lives have been recently disrupted by a natural disaster or an unforeseen medical event. Unfortunately, the more critical details of the plan, like taking the 1stStep2Prep and documenting medical information are often overlooked.
EMS Options, Chasing4Life Disaster Response Team and Sumter Disaster Animal Response Team are trying to make it easier for people to be prepared by providing a new application called Emergency Data (People & Pets) that stores all of the critical information needed in the time of a crisis.
Emergency Data (People & Pets) is a simple and intuitive app that allows a person to store all of the necessary personal and medical information on an iPhone, iPad and iPod.
If a person is caught off guard by a natural disaster or terrorist type event, it is very important to have the medical information and the information of loved ones readily available.
It could be critical for someone because:
- They may not be able to speak.
- Emergency personnel may need information immediately about a persons medical history.
- They may have to quickly evacuate their home due to a fire or natural disaster and may not have time to gather medications or medical records.
- They may not be able to contact their doctor or pharmacy for the information, because they have evacuated the area also.
- Their pets may not be able to stay in the same shelter with them and they may have not identified potential shelters and/or pet friendly hotels.
In those difficult times, it would be next to impossible to accurately list everything important about every member of a family and a pet’s information too.
Emergency Data (People & Pets) was designed to take the worry away during the confusing times of an unforseen event.
- Alert EMS button- dials emergency services and sets phone into Alert Mode. This piercing alarm can also be used to help locate the owner in a collapse situation.
- A my location button that quickly finds the current location.
- Audio recorded message that plays a custom message on opening.
- E-mail capability. This feature eliminates the need to fill out those long forms for doctors.
- Password protected Insurance Information with full app edit protection.
- Quickview capability provides one button access to all of the stored data for EMS providers.
- Customizable views, auto back-up/restore, plus immunization reminders for pets.
- Drop down lists for hundreds of the most common medications and medical problems…. that means less typing, more accuracy and easy edits for changes.
- A built in Wallpaper feature for locked phones.
- Links to valuable information, several provided by emergency organizations for pets.
EMS Options, LLC (http://www.ems-options.com) was founded by a Fire/EMS Director, with over 30 years of experience dealing with emergency medical situations, who teamed with telecommunication software specialists with over 25 years of development experience. Expert advice from disaster professionals Chasing4Life Disaster Response Team and the Sumter Disaster Animal Response Team, Incorporated helped to provide the necessary information to make this a life saving tool for people and pets.