According to the 2011-2012 America Pet Products Association’s (APPA) National Pet Owners Survey, 62% of U.S. households own a pet, which equates to 72.9 million homes and 46.3 million U.S. households have a dog.
Bend, Ore. (PRWEB) November 08, 2011
Ruff Wear, the leading producer of high performance dog gear, unveils new winter products for holiday wish lists including a Omnijore Joring System, the Quinzee insulated dog jacket and an improved Beacon™ safety light for low-light, high-traffic activities. In addition, Ruff Wear has reworked their rubber dog toys with fresh, new, easy-to-spot colors for the Sqwash™, SquareBall™, Gourdo™ and TurnUp™. This line of new products is available through specialty pet and outdoor retailers as well as through http://www.ruffwear.com.
U.S. Spending on Pets Continues to Rise in 2011 –
The American Pets Product Association (APPA) estimates that in 2011, Americans will spend an estimated $50.84 billion on their pets – compared to $48.35 spent in 2010.
Dogs are welcome to join all winter adventures! Consider these gift ideas for the dad that has everything or the ultimate adventure guru that takes their four legged friend out on cold weather outings:
- With the growing popularity of both cross-country skiing and skateboarding, Joring is quickly winning over outdoor enthusiasts as a great way to connect with their dogs. Ruff Wear’s new Omnijore Joring System is ideal for any dog-pulling activity including, skijoring, mountainboard-joring, skatejoring, bikejoring, or canicross. The canine-specific design was engineered to comfortably utilize dog-pulling action. The complete joring system features a dog harness, human hipbelt, and towline.
- The new cold-weather jacket for dogs, the Quinzee, provides weather-resistant warmth in between activities in extreme cold or inclement weather. The synthetic insulation keeps dogs warm in the coldest weather conditions. The jacket even packs into an integrated stuff sack making a great stocking stuffer! The Quinzee offers full cold-weather coverage for further protection against the elements, while still allowing for full range of motion.
More practical and inexpensive gift ideas from Ruff Wear:
According to the 2011-2012 America Pet Products Association’s (APPA) National Pet Owners Survey, 62% of U.S. households own a pet, which equates to 72.9 million homes and 46.3 million U.S. households have a dog. There are an increasing number of families shopping for gifts for their dogs, and Ruff Wear offers a selection of interactive dog toys in fresh, new, easy-to-spot colors, as well as a safety light for low-light, high-traffic activities, known as the Beacon. These make great stocking stuffers and are all under $25:
- The SquareBall™ features interactive commands for training and play –
now available in blue spring.
- The Sqwash™, now available in alpenglow purple, is a pliable rubber toy that is soft on dogs’ teeth and gums.
- The Gourdo™, perfect for interactive play, treat dispensing and gum massaging is now available in orange sunset.
- The TurnUp™ is almost round, so it bounces in all directions - ideal for athletic dogs of any size and now comes in fern green.
Gift Ideas from Ruff Wear – pricing details:
Ruff Wear’s new 2011 fall/winter products:
- Omnijore Joring System– MSRP: $149.95
- Quinzee –MSRP: $84.95
Ruff Wear Interactive Dog Toys:
- SquareBall– MSRP: $17.95
- Sqwash–MSRP: $11.95
- Gourdo –MSRP: $9.95 (S) | $11.95 (L)
- TurnUp –MSRP: $9.95
Ruff Wear’s Beacon:
- The Beacon – MSRP: $16.95
About Ruff Wear
Ruff Wear's mission is to build performance product to enhance and inspire outdoor adventures for dogs and their human companions. Ruff Wear encourages an active lifestyle for everyone with a four-legged friend - stay fit, healthy, and happy - on a trail run, a day hike, or multi-day backcountry adventure. Our Performance Dog Gear™ combines technology, quality, fit, function, and safety to meet the needs of active and adventurous canines and their humans.
Ruff Wear is committed to preserving open lands and waterways, providing important habitat for wildlife and recreational opportunities for humans and canines. Ruff Wear partners with The Conservation Alliance to protect these special places so important to us. Additionally, Ruff Wear works with regional grass roots organizations, giving back to the community, and creating opportunities to strengthen the bond between humans and their dogs.
Ruff Wear was named to Outside magazine’s (http://www.outsideonline.com/) third annual “Best Places to Work” list in April 2010.
In addition, Ruff Wear was recognized as a “100 Best Green Companies to Work For in Oregon” by Oregon Business Magazine in June 2009.
Based in Bend, Oregon, Ruff Wear sells their products through specialty pet and outdoor retailers as well as http://www.ruffwear.com. Find Ruff Wear on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/ruffwear and on their Dog Blog, http://dogblog.ruffwear.net, and on Twitter, http://twitter.com/ruffwearinc.