Solon, Ohio (PRWEB) November 03, 2011
Most small and large accounting and CPA firms just don’t cut it with search engine optimization (SEO), according to a new Online Marketing Coach study: “When Will SEO and Accounting Firms Add Up?”
Online Marketing Coach, which manages the Accountants and CPA Firms Internet directory, found that 62% of accounting firms don’t have any visibility among the top 10 natural search engine rankings on Google.
The national study of 200 small and large accounting and CPA firms explored how the businesses perform in critical SEO areas like page titles and headers as well as social media, domain name selection, inbound links and other factors that affect search engine rankings.
Get your free copy here:
Here are other highlights from the comprehensive study:
- Among small accounting firms, 62% use the vital page title on their home pages, but 38% don’t use any keywords in the title and 82% get poor or fair marks for a lackluster strategy that sometimes includes a single, shoot-for-the-moon keyword (if any at all).
- Large accounting and CPA firms use the home page title 57% of the time, but 43% don’t include even one keyword and 63% don’t use keywords or barely mention even one.
- Small accounting firms do use a keyword in their domain names 66% of the time; it could be a huge advantage when coupled with other strategies.
- Only 20% of large accounting firms use a keyword in their domain names.
- Small accounting firms don’t seem interested in social media – 83% apparently don’t reference it on their web sites. But 73% of large accounting firms use one or more social media profiles.
- Sixty-three percent of small accounting firms have fewer than 25 inbound links (43% fewer than 10).
“It’s clear that many firms aren’t paying enough attention to SEO,” said Mike Murray, author of the study and web strategy thought leader of Online Marketing Coach, a service of World Synergy. “They have some momentum, but aren’t seeing the whole picture.”
Many firms can succeed with SEO by leveraging their web site content, text headers, web site age, and inbound links (especially with large firms).
It’s a matter fine-tuning those efforts and addressing other deficiencies, including duplicate content and any technical barriers that may prevent search engines from reaching more pages, Murray said. “As accounting firms struggle to grab more market share or boost profits in a sluggish economy, SEO could be a powerful asset.”
About Accountants and CPA Firms
Recently known as Ohio CPA Firms, Accountants and CPA Firms helps accounting firms connect with individuals and businesses given the directory's presence among major search engines rankings.
The directory offers exceptional search engine visibility in an increasing number of cities because the service has been around nearly 10 years – a credibility factor that search engines consider when determining rankings.
About World Synergy
World Synergy is a full-service consulting firm with over 25 years of experience that integrates marketing, web development and technology to increase clients' sales and improve their ROI.
Our breadth of services includes a unique combination of business strategy, online marketing, creative marketing, communications and design (print and online), application development and computing infrastructure architecture expertise to deliver eBusiness solutions that get results.
Contact Mike Murray at 440.349.4940 ext. 635
About Online Marketing Coach
Online Marketing Coach, a service of World Synergy, supports small businesses with their Internet marketing needs, including search engine optimization, paid search, social media, e-mail marketing and more.
# # #