With an exciting new shopping list feature that incorporates ZipList's inventive technology, users can now create personalized lists as they prepare to make Martha's mouthwatering cookie recipes.
Sterling, VA (PRWEB) November 01, 2011
Callaway Digital Arts (CDA), leading publishers of innovative mobile and tablet applications for children and families, announces the inclusion of mobile shopping list and universal recipe box technology from ZipList, Inc. (http://www.ZipList.com) in a major update to Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.’s (NYSE: MSO) Martha Stewart Cookies™ App for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. In addition, the update streamlines the recipes from the original version by grouping them into themed bundles, and also includes two new recipe bundles for the holidays -- Sugar & Spice, sponsored by McCormick, and Holiday -- each with crowd-pleasing favorites like Snickerdoodles, Spiced Holiday Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Gingerbread Bars.
The latest version of the Martha Stewart Cookies™ App is equipped with ZipList’s mobile shopping list and recipe box technology, which syncs users’ grocery lists and recipes with other items they have saved across the web. In addition, Martha Stewart Cookies™ seamlessly syncs with other apps, such as Martha’s Everyday Food™ App as well as recipe boxes from MarthaStewart.com and other ZipList food partner sites. This synchronization feature allows users to access all their favorite recipes as well as everything they need to purchase at the grocery store from one universal list.
“The Martha Stewart Cookies™ App is a great example of how ZipList technology can power food and recipe apps so that they showcase the best recipe ideas from chefs and are also extremely relevant and functional by incorporating any other items the user may want to cook or buy at their next trip to the grocer,” said Geoff Allen, CEO and Founder of ZipList.
"This new and improved version of Martha Stewart Cookies™ is more than an update—it sets a new benchmark," says Callaway Digital Arts' Chief Creative Officer Nicholas Callaway. "With an exciting new shopping list feature that incorporates ZipList's inventive technology, users can now create personalized lists as they prepare to make Martha's mouthwatering cookie recipes. The app is also chock-full of value for the consumer, with a custom-tailored, free pack of Sugar & Spice recipes sponsored by McCormick. Combining the highest-quality content, innovative design, and cutting-edge technology, Martha Stewart Cookies™ proves that iPad and iPhone are the cooking tools of tomorrow."
For users who already own the Martha Stewart Cookies™ App, all the recipes from the original version are now available in an easier-to-search format along with a few additional free recipes.
In addition to the integration of ZipList’s technology, the updated version of the Martha Stewart Cookies™ App includes:
- A new platform featuring more than 90 recipes in themed recipe bundles such as:’
- Classic: Get back to the classics with Martha’s best recipes, including Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pecan Sandies, Lemon Squares, Biscotti, Hazelnut Meringues, and more.
- Chocolate: For all the chocolate lovers out there, this bundle includes Double-Chocolate Brownies, Mexican Hot-Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Thumbprints, Salted Toffee–Chocolate Squares, and more.
- Kids’: Delicious and kid-tested, this fun bundle includes Slice-and-Bake Bull’s-Eye and Spiral Cookies, Iced Sugar Cookie Cutouts, Healthier Oatmeal Cookies, and more.
- Giftable: A gift from the kitchen is often the sweetest—and most appreciated—kind. Perfect for the holidays or any time of year, this bundle includes Hugs & Kisses Cookies, Pillowy Meringue Hearts, Matcha Tea Biscuits, and more.
- New recipe bundles perfect for the holidays:
- Sugar & Spice (Sponsored by McCormick): McCormick presents a collection of easy, crowd-pleasing recipes that feature the warm flavors of all your favorite spices and extracts. Includes Snickerdoodles, White-Chocolate-Kissed Gingerbread Cookies, Spiced Holiday Sugar Cookies, and more. Available for free now for a limited time, with recipes by McCormick.
- Holiday: Just in time for the holiday season, 20 festive treats to celebrate with, including Chocolate Gingerbread Bars, Iced Coconut Sugar Cookies, Walnut and Brown-Sugar Rugelach, and more. Available now for $0.99 through In-App Purchase.
- Instructional videos
- Baking tips
- Gift packaging ideas you can use this holiday season
- Kitchen timers & unit converters
- Ability to share favorite recipes via e-mail or Facebook
- Easy, visual browse & search features such as the Cookie Runway and a roulette-style recipe finder that allows users to search by flavor or type
The Martha Stewart Cookies™ App is available for $4.99 (iPad) and $2.99 (iPhone, iPod touch) from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch or at http://www.itunes.com/appstore.
About ZipList, Inc.
ZipList is a market-leading online and mobile shopping list and recipe management service that enables shoppers to create and share grocery lists with family members. Users can arrange their lists by aisle or store, and can save recipes to a central recipe box. ZipList has partner tools, fully-branded white label experiences and SDKs available to enable media, lifestyle, grocery retail and consumer packaged goods properties to incorporate shopping list and recipe box features into their own sites and mobile apps. ZipList features can be found on Womansday.com, MarthaStewart.com, Martha’s Everyday Food iPhone app and on over 500 various food blogs and websites. ZipList is on the web at http://www.ZipList.com.
Follow ZipList on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ZipList or become a Facebook Fan at http://www.facebook.com/ZipList. ZipList is also available as a free mobile app for iPhone and Android users. For more on these mobile apps, visit http://www.ZipList.com/apps.
About Callaway Digital Arts
Callaway Digital Arts (CDA) publishes innovative mobile and tablet applications for children and families. Funded in August 2010 with an investment from Silicon Valley's Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, CDA creates meaningful digital experiences that transform the way families connect with media and with each other. With a grant from the Department of Education, CDA is reinventing learning by creating a series of game-based mobile applications that builds reading and math skills for children ages two through eight. All but one of CDA’s apps have reached the number one position in the Books or Lifestyle categories in Apple’s App Store. In addition, CDA’s apps have been featured as App of the Week and among Apple's Best Interactive Story Apps of 2010. For more information on Callaway Digital Arts, visit http://www.callaway.com.
About Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (NYSE: MSO) is a diversified media and merchandising company, inspiring and engaging consumers with unique lifestyle content and distinctive products. The Publishing segment encompasses the company's print and digital businesses and is comprised of four magazines, including MSLO's flagship publication, Martha Stewart Living, periodic special issues, books, websites, digital apps, blogs, and more. The Broadcasting segment produces the Emmy-winning, daily television series, "The Martha Stewart Show," and other original programming on Hallmark Channel, including "Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn." Broadcasting also encompasses Martha Stewart Living Radio on SIRIUS XM Channel 110. In addition to its media properties, MSLO offers high-quality Martha Stewart products through licensing agreements with carefully selected companies, including the Martha Stewart Collection exclusively at Macy's, the Martha Stewart Living line of home-improvement products at The Home Depot, Martha Stewart Crafts with EK Success at Michaels, Jo-Ann Fabric, and independent retailers, the Martha Stewart Pets line at PetSmart, and the forthcoming Martha Stewart Home Office with Avery at Staples. In 2008, Emeril Lagasse joined the Martha Stewart family of brands; MSLO acquired the assets related to Lagasse's media and merchandising business, including television programming, cookbooks, and emerils.com website and his licensed kitchen and food products. For additional information about MSLO, visit http://www.marthastewart.com/.
# # #