Nothing beats the buzz of a live TEDx event, mingling with so many talented people and being inspired in your own home
Malibu, CA (PRWEB) November 03, 2011
On November 13th the inaugural TEDxMalibu event will take place at the Malibu Jewish Center & Synagogue, from 2-6 pm, located at 24855 Pacific Coast Highway Malibu, California 90265. The independently organized event is licensed by TED and will combine TEDTalks video, live presenters and attendees connecting with each other for an in depth discussion on the event’s theme: Flourishing in the New Paradigm.
TEDxMalibu will address facing complicated times with grace, purpose, and joy, as society stands at unchartered crossroads. Attendees will reflect, contemplate, and share cutting edge discoveries from the center of the Malibu community. TEDxMalibu is “Brain food for our community, soul food for our hearts and good food for our bodies,” states HH4Heroes Founder, TEDxMalibu Organizer Lisa Cypers Kamen.
"Nothing beats the buzz of a live TEDx event ... mingling with so many talented people and being inspired in your own home state!” says Joody Marks, event participant.
TEDxMalibu will be hosted by award winning, Architect, Professor and Principal of Machado Blake Design and Hybridhaus, Christopher Blake.
- Lisa Cypers Kamen, International Documentary Filmmaker, Happiness Expert, Founder of HH4Heroes.org, Director of Harvesting Happiness, and respected Life Coach
- Dr. Narayan Srinivasa, Principal Research Scientist and Manager at HRL Laboratories in Malibu, will share his research on creating perceptive machines and artificial intelligence
- Douglas Kmiec, J.D., former Ambassador and Professor of Constitutional Law, and Caruso Family Chair in Constitutional Law at Pepperdine University, will speak on courteously engaging political and daily opposition based on common ground with civility.
- Dr. Jessica Wu, Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at USC, and practicing Los Angeles-Board-certified dermatologist, will expand on medicinal and well being benefits of healthy eating in her talk Food: the Cure for What Ails Us.
- Rabbi Judith Halevy, spiritual leader of the Malibu Jewish Center and Synagogue since 1996, recipient of advanced degrees in International Relations from Rutgers University and Columbia University, will address cultivating a creative community.
- Leigh McCloskey, highly regarded author and Hollywood actor for over 30 years, will address spiritual relevancy in the modern world
- Ted McDonald, respected yoga instructor, endurance athlete, and freelance writer will address achievement through positive thought techniques.
- Michael Koss, President and Chairman of Koss Financial, will speak on Flourishing in the New Economy
- Jared Rosen, CEO of DreamSculpt Media, Inc. and esteemed published author, and vision catalyst, will address participants on building Mindful Global Communication
- Music curator and industry renowned President and Founder of Great Music, Terence Davis
- Drumtime Founder and Theatre Artist and Facilitator John Lacques
- Malibu Girls & Boys Glee Club showcasing their voices in song
For event details and ticket purchase visit tedxmalibu.com or TEDxMalibu on Facebook.
About TEDx, x = independently organized events
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Starting as a four-day conference in California 26 years ago, bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives. At TED, the world's leading thinkers and doers are asked to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Benoit Mandelbrot, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Isabel Allende and former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Two major TED events are held each year: The TED Conference takes place every spring in Long Beach, California (along with a parallel conference, TEDActive, in Palm Springs), and TEDGlobal is held each summer in Edinburgh, Scotland.
# # #