Colchester, UK (PRWEB UK) 2 November 2011
The Disabilities Trust is looking to improve efficiency with a new HR solution from Access. The national charity for people with physical and learning disabilities, brain injury and autism is making the move from numerous spreadsheets and paper-based processes to an online system with SelectHR web edition from Access for its 1600 strong staff. The Disabilities Trust needed to be more effective with the information they had and change the way they retained that information.
HR Director at the Disabilities Trust Peter Woodruff said, “Our services are spread from Glasgow to Eastbourne and Cullompton to Cambridgeshire, so having paper-based forms and timesheets move across the country was not effective or efficient; it was increasingly difficult to manage.” As the Disabilities Trust tenders for work through local authorities it had become necessary to have information readily available. “Local authorities need to cost care packages, so having access to real-time information is essential if we’re to remain competitive,” continued Peter.
The Disabilities Trust has been through a recent upgrade of its hardware, including virtual servers and cabling and wanted to implement effective software to make the organisation more efficient. Over the past two years IT has become a key part of its strategy moving forward.
“We needed to become more efficient with 1200 paper timesheets being passed around the charity, and a large amount of rekeying of data taking place. The introduction of automated workflows and SelectHR’s self-service will greatly reduce the duplication of work and aid efficiencies. The new software will also help us considerably with the management of people, through the availability of real-time information which will assist in issues such as performance, personal development and training,” continued Peter.
The Disabilities Trust will be using SelectHR across its 22 residential units, 28 community houses, and its community and domiciliary care services, with over 800 users each year. Access saw off competition from numerous other software providers. “In the demo Access gave we were really impressed with the ease of use, and how simple it is to view the data through the dashboards. It’s also a flexible solution that can grow as we develop further and integrate with our time and attendance solution from H.E.T software,” concluded Peter.
For more information on Access, its consultancy and software solutions contact Matt Newman on 0845 345 3300 or visit http://www.theaccessgroup.com.
Alternatively, keep up-to-date by following Access on:
- Access is a consulting, software and solutions provider, serving the mid-market
- The consulting services are backed by more than 75 accredited consultants, providing business software expertise. They operate nationally out of eight offices in the UK and Ireland
- The software portfolio provides solutions to meet the needs of the whole organisation, helping to reduce complexity and increase efficiencies at every level. In addition to accounting and finance, Access also offers manufacturing software, professional services automation, and accounting for carbon emissions reporting. Other software solutions include distribution and warehousing, HR and payroll, document management, service and contract management and CRM and sales automation
Accreditations and memberships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA)
- HM Revenue & Customs: Payroll Standards Scheme
- Inclusion in The Sunday Times Profit Track 100 list (63rd)
- Inclusion in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list for mid-market companies (85th)
- Accountancy Age Award 2010 for ‘Software Package of the Year’
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 for ‘Enterprise Accounting & Finance’
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 for ‘SME Human Resources & Human Capital Management’
- FrontRange Partner Awards 2010 for ‘CRM Partner of the Year’
- Green IT Awards 2010 for 'Environmental Accounting Software of the Year'
- Construction Computing Awards 2010, 'Construction Accounting Software of the Year'
Head of Group PR
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575 / 07833 936311
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956