Nothing will stop the AE50; the performance is exceptional and versatile
Essex, England (PRWEB UK) 3 November 2011
Developed to achieve low operating costs, productivity, safety and comfort, the eco-friendly AE50 is Komatsu’s first total AC electric powered lift truck which achieves outstanding energy savings compared with its conventional engine truck models. With its waterproof characteristics and ability to be used outdoors, this unique truck offers users a way to “Go Green” by replacing engine powered models that are used indoors or outdoors with an electric forklift alternative. This could have a dramatic effect for users looking to reduce their carbon footprint and reduce their overall operational costs through reduced maintenance expenditures and lower costs of re-fuelling.
Trevor De’Ath, Sales Director at Ambassador believes the AE50 will be an industry leader. “Nothing will stop the AE50; the performance is exceptional and versatile”, explains Trevor. “With its weatherproof design, the AE50 can be used outside in adverse weather conditions with maximum efficiency. The high-speed charger and side battery access and removal make the exchange safer and smoother making it ideal for continuous operations.”
In addition to fuel savings, the total AC system offers a power and controlled drive system, hydraulic and power steering system with no DC motors. The AE50/AM50 range also offers low maintenance costs without compromising on performance, and exceptional durability thanks to the air-tight wet disc brake system. Users have a choice of cushion or solid pneumatic tyres for even greater application flexibility.
“It’s a fantastic option for warehousing,” says Trevor. “The AE50 has so many features but essentially it offers substantial cost savings on energy and maintenance as well as outstanding performance, indoors or outside, and 24 hour/365 day capability – we think it’s going to satisfy the growing demands in the material handling industry.”
Ambassador Lift Tricks Ltd is an independently owned business based in Witham, Essex.
The new AM50 / AE50 offer new features to improve operator comfort and reduce overall operational costs including:
- “TOTAL AC” means AC Powered and controlled drive system, hydraulic system, and power steering system – No DC Motors
- Spacious operator compartment with full suspension seat and seat deck mounted proportional hydraulic control valve levers and unique, highly efficient thumb actuated forward and reverse button on the side of the lift/lower lever
- High-visibility Komatsu designed and manufactured masts
- Tilt & telescopic steering console with small diameter steering wheel & spinner knob
- Fully hydrostatic power steering
- Airtight wet disc brake system to assure exceptional overall durability and low operational costs
- Meets IPX4 waterproofing standard for reliable outdoor performance in the rain and snow as a replacement for an engine powered forklift
- Ideal for use in freezers and coolers and in any application that may require frequent wash-downs
- Excellent turning stability due to a high-mounted rear axle and a low-mounted battery that keeps the overall centre of gravity low
- A rubber mounted rear axle absorbs shocks and vibrations for greater operator comfort
- A highly reliable, self-diagnostic Intelligent Computer Control System (ICCS) is housed within a compartment designed to prevent the entry of dust, water and other possible contaminants
- Unique optional features include automatic load levelling device; Soft carry hydraulic accumulator system for delicate loads; Digital load checker for approximate load weights; Cold storage package; and Fishery specification package