As more and more consumers use Boogie Board eWriters instead of their paper-based counterparts, we will move much closer to a truly paperless society.
Kent, Ohio (PRWEB) November 02, 2011
The highly anticipated Boogie Board Rip LCD Writing Tablet, the first Boogie Board tablet model with save capabilities, is now shipping to addresses in North America, Europe and other select global locations for purchases made through Brookstone.com (U.S. only), Amazon.com, and improvelectronics.com. Preorders placed on improvelectronics.com will also begin shipping today.
“This is a monumental day – not only for Improv Electronics but for environmentally-conscious consumers around the world,” said Dr. Albert Green, Kent Displays/Improv Electronics CEO. “Paper has been used as writing and drawing medium for roughly a thousand years. With the launch of the Boogie Board Rip tablet, we now offer a comprehensive family of Boogie Board eWriters that are viable electronic, paperless alternatives to note books, composition books, legal pads, sketch books, memo pads, sticky notes, scratch paper and other writing and drawing mediums. As more and more consumers use Boogie Board eWriters instead of their paper-based counterparts, we will move much closer to a truly paperless society.”
The Boogie Board Rip tablet will be launched with optional Virtual Desktop Companion software, downloadable from improvelectonics.com. The Microsoft Windows compatible tool expands the functionality of the Boogie Board Rip tablet when it is connected to a PC. Users can view notes and drawings on a computer monitor in real time, save files directly to their computer, and share files via e-mail.
“The high volume of Boogie Board Rip tablet preorders indicates consumers are eager to embrace an electronic, paperless writing and drawing medium,” continued Dr. Green. “The benefits compared to paper are obvious: they are less costly (than an equivalent amount of paper), offer expanded functionality, and have far less impact on the environment. I am confident eWriters will become the preferred writing and drawing medium of the 21st century — it’s just a matter of how quickly.”
MSRP for the Boogie Board Rip tablet is $129.99 USD (114.99 Euros, 99.99 British pounds, and 14,800 Yen). Consumers can click the Buy Now button on improvelectronics.com to view local retailers. Announcements about Boogie Board Rip tablet availability in additional countries and retails outlets are forthcoming.
About Boogie Board eWriters
Improv Electronics introduced Boogie Board eWriters in January 2010 with the Boogie Board 8.5 LCD Writing Tablet as a paperless replacement for memo pads, sticky notes, scratch pads and other writing and drawing mediums. High global demand immediately followed, and it is now sold in over 25 countries. Eight colors were added in January 2011. In June 2011, several additional Boogie Board tablet models and accessories were launched including the Boogie Board 10.5 LCD Writing Tablet, Boogie Board 8.5 LCD Writing Tablet for Binders, and the Boogie Board Message Center. At the same time, a custom design of the original Boogie Board 8.5 tablet available exclusively through Brookstone was introduced.
The Boogie Board Rip tablet’s ability to record and save notes/images makes it the ideal paperless replacement for paper notebooks, legal pads, and sketch books. It includes the following features:
- Internal memory for 200 typical images
- High resolution, vector PDF format (nearly infinite scalability; editable in Adobe® Illustrator®/Photoshop® and most other popular illustration and image editing programs)
- 9.5” writing surface (measured diagonally)
- Micro USB port
- Thin, durable and lightweight construction
- Integrated stylus holder (stylus included)
- Erase lock button
- Rechargeable batteries with one week between charges under typical use
About Improv Electronics
Improv Electronics was formed in 2010 as the consumer products subsidiary of Kent Displays. Founded in 1993, Kent Displays, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development and manufacture of Reflex No Power LCDs for unique, sustainable applications including electronic skins, writing tablets, smartcards and eReaders.
- Go to Improv Electronics for more information about Boogie Board eWriters
- Read the Boogie Board Rip Tablet press release distributed September 1 and October 4
- Download the Improv Electronics Media Kit
- Follow Improv Electronics on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Request review samples from Kevin Oswald, Communications Director, at 330-673-8784 x161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit Improv Electronics/Kent Displays at the following upcoming shows:
- Eco-Products 2011 (Tokyo; December 15-17)
- CES International (January 10-13, 2012, Booth 36275)
- Showstoppers@CES (January 10, 2012)
Boogie Board, Boogie Board Rip, Reflex and Improv are trademarks of Kent Displays, Inc.
Adobe, Illustrator and Photoshop are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation