Kansas City Personal Injury Attorneys Yonke & Pottenger Discuss Kansas City Accident Statistics

Share Article

According to the Kansas City car accident lawyers of Yonke & Pottenger, LLC, Kansas City Police Department statistics from the last four years reveal a disturbing trend about traffic accidents in the Kansas City metropolitan area.

Kansas City Personal Injury Lawyers

We care about you and your case.

According to the Kansas City personal injury lawyers of Yonke & Pottenger, LLC, Kansas City Police Department statistics from the last four years reveal a disturbing trend about traffic accidents in the Kansas City metropolitan area. From 2007 to 2010, the number of people killed in traffic accidents rose annually. While statistics are not yet available for 2011, the Kansas City car accident lawyers of Yonke & Pottenger, LLC are monitoring the situation carefully and are committed to helping keep the community safe.

The rise of traffic fatalities has affected drivers as well as passengers and bystanders. Last year's KCPD report found that 60% of accident fatalities were drivers. The remaining 40% of people killed in traffic accidents belonged the following categories:

  •     Passengers (15%)
  •     Motorcycle riders and passengers (13%)
  •     Pedestrians (9%)
  •     Bicyclists (3%)

Another deeply unsettling statistic involves the role of alcohol and drugs in fatal wrecks. Over 60% of all deadly crashes involved at least one intoxicated driver. As 2011 draws to a close and Kansas City residents brace themselves for the KCPD's year-end report, we hope that trends will reverse and the number of fatalities will decline.

About the Firm

Yonke & Pottenger, L.L.C. is a personal injury litigation firm in Kansas City, Missouri. Our mission is aggressive and compassionate advocacy for the seriously injured or the families of those killed through negligence. The experienced motor vehicle accident attorneys of the firm are prepared to help individuals who have been injured in car, truck, or motorcycle accidents. For more information or our complete list of services, visit the website at http://www.yplawfirm.com.

Contact:
Yonke & Pottenger LLC
1100 Main Street
Suite 2450
Kansas City, MO 64105
Phone: 816-221-6000

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Yonke & Pottenger
Visit website