Napa, California (PRWEB) November 08, 2011
VinoVisit.com today released its Q3 2011 Tasting Room Reservations Report. VinoVisit is the first real-time, online reservation system for wineries. The data in this report is compiled from the reservations processed between July 1 and September 30, 2011.
- The average group size who booked reservations was 2.75.
- Tasting rooms reservations peaked for the 11:00 a.m. slot
- Saturday was the busiest day of the week for tasting rooms.
- Sixty percent of reservations are booked when the winery is open.
- Forty percent of reservations are booked “after hours.”
- Californians comprise 34% of U.S. guests, while 6.5% were Texans. Five percent of guests came from New York and 5% from Florida.
- Canadians represent 45% of international guests.
- VinoVisit has processed reservations for guests in all 50 states and 28 countries.
According to VinoVisit Marketing Director, Angie Feehan, “The most exciting piece of data was that 40% of reservations were booked after hours. Winery guests have solidly embraced online reservations for their convenience. These numbers have held true quarter after quarter for nearly three years.”
Another data point of note was that online reservations peaked on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Wineries can leverage this information by timing their marketing outreach and email to coincide with those days that guests are most likely to be booking reservations.
VinoVisit.com is the first and leading site to offer consumers the flexibility to book real-time winery reservations, and boasts of an exclusive multi-day itinerary-building tool, and turn-by-turn directions. The robust winery profiles include photos, video, maps and visitor reviews providing the visitor with an in-depth look at the winery experience. VinoVisit.com, the only winery search engine free to consumers, provides an easy way for visitors to search, then select and book wine tasting events by location, varietal, and dozens of other attributes.
The VinoVisit Relationship Management system is the first reservation solution developed specifically for wineries. The system manages valuable visitor contact information, aggregates marketing and sales data, offers CRM tools and automates and simplifies the reservation process.
VinoVisit has established co-marketing partnerships with key websites in planning visits to wine country. The VinoVisit Marketing Network™ partner websites garner over 20 million visits each year, raising the online visibility of VinoVisit wineries. In 2010, VinoVisit launched the Facebook application, "Book a VinoVisit" which enables wineries to accept reservations directly from their Facebook page. For more information, contact Angie Feehan – 510.842.3554 or angie(at)vinovisit(dot)com.