Dublin, OH (PRWEB) November 04, 2011
The Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) and the American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF) have reached a collaborative agreement to support the National Cardiovascular Data Registry (NCDR), specifically the ACTION Registry-GWTG (Get with the Guidelines) for acute coronary syndrome (ACS) patients. SCPC is proud to partner with ACCF in the promotion of the ACTION Registry-GWTG (ARG), which empowers healthcare providers to consistently treat heart attack patients according to the most current, science-based guidelines.
Expected to be the largest and most comprehensive national database for the acute myocardial infarction (AMI) patient developed by medical professionals, ARG does the following:
- Establishes a national standard for understanding and improving the overall quality of care, drug safety, and outcomes of care for ACS patients
- Helps improve compliance with the ACCF and American Heart Association clinical recommendations for STEMI and NSTEMI patients (STEMI and NSTEMI are acronyms for types of heart attacks—ST segment elevation myocardial infarction and non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction, respectively)
- Provides feedback to participating healthcare facilities about their performance
- Helps identify areas of excellence and opportunities for improvement
- Allows healthcare facilities to apply emerging best practices and establish themselves as quality leaders
SCPC will promote the use of ARG by their Chest Pain Center accredited hospitals. Additionally, SCPC will offer a discount to hospitals seeking Chest Pain Center accreditation if they are already participating in ARG along with a special recognition status for this participation. ACCF will promote Chest Pain Center accreditation to their ARG participant hospitals coupled with a 10% discount off the first year’s ARG subscription for those who become Chest Pain Center accredited.
In addition to the joint promotion of ARG, the partnership between the ACCF and SCPC will also move to align both organizations’ efforts to maximize synergies and leverage current opportunities through cross-promotion of live events, books, journals and other content
SCPC takes a leading role in sharing patient care processes and procedures that have been successful in treating a wide spectrum of coronary diseases and works directly in collaboration with other medical societies in this pursuit. These shared practices, along with resources on disease management and process improvement, are available on their website at http://www.scpcp.org.
About the Society of Chest Pain Centers:
The Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) is an international not-for-profit organization that focuses on transforming cardiovascular care by assisting facilities in their effort to create communities of excellence that bring together quality, cost and patient satisfaction. As the only cross-specialty organization, SCPC provides the support needed for individual hospitals and hospital systems to effectively bridge existing gaps in treatment by providing the tools, education and support necessary to successfully navigate the changing face of healthcare.
For additional information about SCPC, visit our website at http://www.scpcp.org or call 614-442-5950 or toll free 1-877-271-4176.