Austin, Texas (PRWEB) November 07, 2011
Tea Embassy, the Austin-based, family-owned company specializing in teas and tea-related treasures from around the globe, has announced the launch of TeaType™, exclusively available on the Tea Embassy website at teaembassy.com.
TeaType™ allows customers visiting the site to take a quick, easy, five-question multiple-choice test asking them what they’re looking for in a tea.
The questions and choices include:
- What do you want tea to do for you? (With answers including for waking up, for relaxing, for health benefits, and for “comfort in a cup”)
- Caffeine? (yes, no, and sometimes)
- I want my tea to be: (either straight from the garden with nothing added to it, spruced up a bit with other flavors. Ex. Earl Grey or Mango, or sometimes flavored and sometimes unflavored)
- I would like to drink the following flavors in my tea: (Fruit; Floral: Jasmine, Rose or Lavender; Spice: Ginger, Cardamom, or Cinnamon; Dessert: Cream, Chocolate or Mint, or none of the above)
- Do you add anything to your tea? (with answers including, milk and sugar, drink it straight, or depends on the tea)
TeaType™ then sorts the answers, looking at 22 different categories (ranging from broad categories like caffeinated and decaffeinated to specific flavor notes like grassy, nutty, spicy, and smoky) for matching the customer’s answers to the tea blends that best match his or her responses to the questions.
“Having more than 200 teas available means that we have a perfect tea for everyone, and TeaType™ is now the best way for our online customers to find that perfect tea.” said Jonathan Sims, co-owner of Tea Embassy. “The questions TeaType™ asks are the same questions we ask customers who walk into our store, and each set of answers gives customers choices that bring the particular tea experiences they’re looking for.”
TeaType™ is found on the teaembassy.com site at:
In addition to online ordering, customers who would prefer to place phone orders can call 512-330-9991.