(PRWEB) November 07, 2011
Paul Bramwell, senior vice president, treasury solutions of SunGard’s corporate liquidity business, said, “In order to capitalize on the changes that we’ve seen in our industry, corporations are discovering new ways to harness technology to increase their visibility to cash and to better manage the risks that have become more prevalent, such as FX, credit, interest rate and commodity risk. Corporations are finding better ways to work with their bank and trading partners by improving transparency to the financial supply chain and streamlining messaging and communications. They are also increasing deployment of treasury technology in private cloud environments, helping them realize greater efficiencies and reduce IT costs.”
SunGard, which provides its AvantGard treasury and liquidity management solutions to corporations, has identified ten trends that are influencing how corporate CFO’s, treasurers and other finance executives operate their treasury departments and manage liquidity. These trends are:
1. Corporations are striving to attain a holistic view of risk and are increasingly modeling multiple risk types such as FX, credit, market, interest rate and commodity.
2. There is a greater adoption of payment networks and exchanges.
3. Treasurers are looking to improve working capital through improved credit risk analysis and collections automation strategies, resulting in reduced borrowing margins.
4. Corporations are looking to streamline and consolidate their payment flows.
5. There will be a continued movement towards outsourcing transactional treasury functions.
6. More corporations are turning to consolidated technology hubs for multi-bank connectivity, including embedded services such as eBAM and managed connectivity to the SWIFT network.
7. An increasing number of corporations, particularly those in Asia, the Middle East and South Africa, are centralizing their treasury operations for increased transparency and efficiency.
8. Corporations are becoming more educated about cloud services and security and are increasingly choosing to deploy their treasury technology in private cloud hosted environments.
9. Treasurers are increasingly seeking up-to date, enterprise-wide views of FX and interest rate risk positions with real time debt & investment reporting.
10. Corporations continue to review financial messaging standards, such as ISO 20022, CGI and SWIFT’s 3SKey, as well as prepare for SEPA compliance.
Nancy Atkinson, senior analyst, Aite Group, said, “Throughout the world there are transformations taking place in treasury technology. This spans a wide spectrum from dropping spreadsheets in favor of adopting centralized treasury technology; to streamlining corporate-to-bank connectivity, which may include managed SWIFT connectivity and eBAM; to working across technology platforms to attain a holistic view of risk. In addition, we are seeing more treasury technology deployments in hosted private cloud environments, which helps remove the weight of IT maintenance from the treasurer’s shoulders and allows for more focus on liquidity management.”
About SunGard’s AvantGard
SunGard’s AvantGard is a leading liquidity and risk management solution for corporations, insurance companies and the public sector. The AvantGard solution suite includes credit risk modeling, collections management, treasury risk analysis, cash management, payments system integration, and payments execution delivered directly to corporations or via banking partners. AvantGard solutions help consolidate data from multiple in-house systems, drive workflow and provide connectivity to a broad range of trading partners including banks, SWIFT, credit data providers, FX platforms, money markets, and market data. The technology is supported by a full range of services delivered by domain experts including managed cloud services, treasury operations management, SWIFT administration, managed bank connectivity, bank on-boarding, and vendor enrollment. For more information, visit http://www.sungard.com/avantgard.
SunGard is one of the world’s leading software and technology services companies. SunGard has more than 20,000 employees and serves over 25,000 customers in more than 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services, education and the public sector. SunGard also provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With annual revenue of about $5 billion, SunGard is ranked 434 on the Fortune 500 and is the largest privately held business software and IT services company. Look for us wherever the mission is critical. For more information, visit http://www.sungard.com.
Trademark Information: SunGard, the SunGard logo and AvantGard are trademarks or registered trademarks of SunGard Data Systems Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. All other trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.