New York, NY (PRWEB) November 08, 2011
Imedex, LLC would like to present the Great Debates And Updates In Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Occurring in New York, New York this continuing medical education (CME) opportunity has a target audience of gastroenterologists, hospitalists, internists, physician assistants, nurses, surgeons, and other clinicians with an interest in treating patients with IBD inclusive of children, teens, and young adults.
This continuing medical education opportunity will focus on controversial areas in the management of patients with IBD, as nationally-recognized thought leaders take opposing sides on topics of interest to physicians and their patients.
Upon successful completion of this CME opportunity, participants should be able to:
- Review the standards and the use of clinical tools that can increase the accuracy of diagnosing IBDs
- Implement into practice the significant advances that have been made in biologics, immunomodulators, and combination therapy for the treatment of IBDs
- Identify current strategies to therapeutically manage naïve patients and patients that have not responded to therapy
- Summarize the role of vaccinations, bone monitoring, and cancer screening for healthcare maintenance of IBDs
- Use best practices related to the transition of care for the pediatric patient and provide the optimal therapeutic regimen for the growing child with IBD
- Review the major findings regarding the treatment of acute pediatric ulcerative colitis from the OSCI trial and their potential impact on current clinical practice
- Discuss optimal therapies during post-SONIC era for pediatric patients with IBDs
- Manage the effect that treatment of IBDs may have on fertility, pregnancy, and neonatal outcomes, and restate the treatment precautions for pregnant women
- Evaluate the present knowledge regarding risk stratification to improve quality of care for patients with IBDs
- Describe the utilization of disease activity indices to define treatment success in patients with IBDs
- Review the impact of biomarkers on guiding therapy decisions
For more information and to register for the Great Debates and Updates in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases on March 16-17, 2012 in New York, New York please contact us:
E-mail us at registration(at)imedex(dot)com
Call us toll-free at 1-855-276-6855
Register Online at http://imedex.com/AppWeb/announcements/a283-01.asp
For event updates, and more information on this exciting oncology-cme event and to connect with us! Find us on:
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Great-Debates-in-IBD/289249714438039
Key Terms: Gastroenterology CME, Hospitalist CME, Internist CME, Physician Assistant CME, Surgery CME, Nurse CE
About Imedex, LLC
Imedex® is an industry leader in providing accredited, independent continuing medical education to health care professionals. We develop high quality scientific programming that translates the latest research into clinically relevant information. The activities have exceptional organization and outstanding educational value, with a proven sustained impact on disease management.
Our programs focus on improving patient care around the world. With over 50,000 e-learning experiences annually and more than 97,000 live meeting attendees since 2001, Imedex truly educates the global healthcare community. At Imedex, we believe that education is the best medicine. ®
Release issued by Audience Generation, LLC
Audience Generation is a forward thinking agency at the forefront of the digital revolution and is a nationally and internationally recognized provider of integrated marketing, advertising, and technology services and solutions that offer a new way to find, generate, and engage live, online, social and mobile audiences where they exist on demand.
Audience Generation is known for its creative strategy, actionable solutions and measurable approach to transforming the ways brands interact with their target audience where they exist in person, online, via social networks or on their mobile devices.
Audience Generation has produced winning traditional, online, e-commerce, social and mobile campaigns including mobile application solutions for Fortune 500, small and medium businesses, not-for-profit organizations, national and international associations and societies, and venture backed start-up companies across a variety of industry verticals around the World.
To learn how Audience Generation can find your ideal customer, reach them where they exist, build your brand and grow your bottom line please call us at 512-708-4678 or email us at growyourbusiness(at)audiencegeneration(dot)com or visit us at: http://www.audiencegeneration.com.