San Jose, CA (PRWEB) November 08, 2011
The Society for New Communications Research (SNCR), a global nonprofit research and education foundation and think tank focused on the latest developments in new media and communications, announced the winners of the 2011 SNCR Excellence in New Communications Awards at the 6th Annual SNCR Symposium & Awards Gala held at Harvard University’s Faculty Club on November 3-4, 2011.
These prestigious awards honor the work of corporations, governmental organizations, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, media outlets and individuals who are innovating the use of social media, ICT, mobile media, and collaborative technologies in the areas of business, media, and professional communications, including advertising, marketing, public relations, corporate communications, and CRM, as well as entertainment, education, politics, and social initiatives.
Awards were granted in six divisions: Corporate, Government, Media, Nonprofit/NGO, Academic, and Technology Innovation, and in ten categories. The top winners include:
Crowdsourcing Category: World Wildlife Fund (WWF) with OHO Interactive, Non-Profit/NGO Division.
- External Communications & Communities Category: Recyclebank with the Bateman Group, Corporate Division; Daylife, Technology Innovation Division; Murder 2 (Bollywood Movie) with Avignyata Inc., Media Division.
- Influencer Relations Category: Jarden Home Brands with 360 Public Relations, Corporate Division.
- Internal Communications & Communities Category: Pennsylvania State University, Academic Division; PepsiCo, Corporate Division; Air Force Medical Service with Booz Allen Hamilton, Government Division; Goodwill Industries International, Inc., Non-Profit/NGO Division.
- Online Reputation Management Category: Sprint Nextel Corporation, Corporate Division.
- Social CRM Category: Dell, Corporate Division; Next Principles, Technology Innovation Division.
- Social Marketing Category: ExactTarget with Dittoe Public Relations, Corporate Division; National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE), Non-Profit/NGO Division.
The Society’s Fellows also honored:
- IBM as Organization of the Year for its use of social media to encourage employee engagement and innovation, and for its “Smarter Planet” initiative, which utilizes the Internet of Things and the System of Systems to build a better, more sustainable, and smarter world.
- Google+ as Innovation of the Year for bringing new ideas to the process of connecting people and ideas in a new way. Google+ is a collaborative online platform that allows people to share links, photos, games, videos and documents.
- charity: water as Humanitarian Organization of the Year for its effective use of social media tools and technologies such as online video, Twitter, and Facebook to raise awareness and inspire support. charity: water has given more than two million people in 19 countries access to clean water.
- Steve Jobs was also honored in a special tribute at the Awards Gala as Visionary of the Year for revolutionizing the way we use computers, phones, and mobile devices and revolutionizing the way people use and relate to information, ideas, content, media and communications -– and for making content available from any device at any time.
In addition to the top award winners in each division and category, Commendations of Merit and Commendations of Excellence were presented to nearly 25 other organizations that submitted case studies in the awards program. In its six-year history, SNCR has honored nearly 200 organizations and individuals through this prestigious awards program and all the winning case studies will be published on http://sncr.org.
About the Society for New Communications Research (SNCR):
The Society for New Communications Research is a global nonprofit 501(c)(3) research and education foundation and think tank focused on the advanced study of the latest developments in new media and communications, and their effect on traditional media and business models, communications, culture and society. For more information, visit http://sncr.org.
# # #