Apple have had great success bringing their products to China and South America, and SCOtutor for Lion has language support built right in for these new, emerging markets.
Liverpool, UK (PRWEB UK) 9 November 2011
SCOtutor for Lion is a multilingual HD video tutorial, designed to explore and explain many of the new features in Apple's latest operating system - Lion - and is aimed at both new and experienced Mac users. Uniquely, SCOtutor for Lion includes optional on-screen subtitles in multiple, selectable languages - initially English, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Simplified Chinese - all included with the application at no extra charge
SCOtutor for Lion is the first ScreenCastsOnline tutorial to be made available via the Mac App Store.
"After many years of delivering quality training tutorials via ScreenCastsOnline, I'm delighted to be able to expand the reach of my videos to so many parts of the world - not just the English speaking countries. Apple have had great success bringing their products to China and South America, and SCOtutor for Lion has language support built right in for these new, emerging markets. By publishing through the Apple Mac App Store, the distribution and e-commerce difficulties of dealing with these distant markets are removed, enabling me to focus on what's really important - creating and producing the best Mac, iPhone and iPad video training available." - Don McAllister
This unique application has many innovative features:
Comprehensive Lion Tutorial
The video tutorial is over two hours long and covers 12 major topics with over 60 chapters.
- Introduction to Lion
- Gestures in Lion
- Full Screen Apps in Lion
- Mastering Mission Control
- Resume in Lion
- Auto Save in Lion
- Versions in Lion
- Using Safari in Lion
- Using Mail in Lion
- Enhancements to Preview
- Address Book in Lion
- iCal in Lion
Display or hide onscreen subtitles via a keyboard shortcut or using the onscreen control panel.
- Onscreen subtitles in English, French. Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese or Simplified Chinese
- Intelligent Language Support
- Chapter menus change automatically to chosen subtitle language
Optimised Video Player
Designed specifically to optimise the viewing experience, SCOtutor for Lion includes a dedicated video player
- Auto hiding onscreen playback control panel
- Advanced playback controls
- Jump backward or forward in 30 second increments
- MultiSpeed playback - slow or fast speeds - (.5x, .75x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x)
- Easy navigation via chapter popup menu
- Jump from chapter to chapter
- Fully resizable window
- Full screen Mode
- Easy resume mode - Just carry on from where you left off
- Full keyboard shortcut support
- Video player and Help pages localised in multiple languages
SCOtutor for Lion is the first in a series of Mac, iPhone and iPad based video tutorials planned for the Apple Mac App Store. A version of the optimised video player is under development for Apple's mobile operating system iOS5, and will be launched in the near future.