Statistics compiled within the past two years have indicated the profound influence of reputation on sales and revenue
Chelmsford, Essex (PRWEB UK) 8 November 2011
More and more webmasters tune in to the benefits of positively managing their online brand, SEO Positive encourages businesses of all sizes to get involved in their company’s reputation management before costly mistakes are made
Statistics compiled within the past two years have indicated the profound influence of reputation on sales and revenue. SEO Positive, a long-standing optimisation and online marketing agency based in the South East of England, has recently expanded its reputation management division as hundreds of companies nationwide seek assistance with their online brand control. The SEO agency is quick to reiterate the importance of making a good first impression when it comes to influencing consumers on the web and offers companies five sound reasons why professional reputation management is a must for all businesses looking to dominate the online market. The following tips have been compiled by David Ffyske, Lead Client Account Manager at SEO Positive.
1. Everyone else is doing it. More and more businesses, from multi-national corporations to fledgling start-up firms, are tapping into the potential of reputation management early. SEO Positive recommends that website owners catch up with the efforts of their competitors early to avoid seeming disinterested in how their company is portrayed within search engines, product reviews, forums and so on.
2. Once businesses have left a footprint on the web it’s incredibly difficult to rectify their mistakes – and such mistakes are very easy to make. One a bad or reckless approach towards public relations can potentially put off hundreds if not thousands of online searchers. Professional reputation management consultants will eliminate the chance of this happening and ensure that an impression is communicated well from the word go.
3. Contemporary, web-savvy consumers know what to expect from online companies. If they are disappointed by the information or opinion they find on a certain brand, they will immediately head elsewhere, and this could negatively impact a firm’s online success.
4. The accessibility and real-time nature of the web makes it much easier for disgruntled customers, ex-employees or envious rivals to instigate a hate campaign against a company. While it’s very rare to see one individual spend so much time and money scouring the web to find multiple ways of damaging a company’s online reputation, it does happen, and business owners need to be prepared to manage this situation correctly without resorting to desperate measures (such as renaming their company or brand).
5. Employing a specialist reputation management company to control an online footprint brings a fresh perspective to the campaign. Business owners often find it difficult to ‘think outside the box’ as they are so intrinsically involved in the company on a day to day basis, but an outside online marketer will be able to think of new and innovative ways to ‘sell’ a product or service and shield a business from damaging feedback at all costs.
SEO Positive was established in 2007 in Chelmsford, Essex with the aim of bringing effective yet affordable online marketing services to companies from all industries and backgrounds. The company offers a huge range of services including search engine optimisation, Pay Per Click account management, social media marketing and website design.