We are empowering donors to support the cause that matters most to them.
Reston, VA (PRWEB) November 11, 2011
Choose Your Cause, a new online donation hub launched by National Wildlife Federation, allows supporters to select a specific wildlife, wild place or conservation cause to give to.
“We are empowering donors to support the cause that matters most to them,” said Anne Senft, Vice President of Membership and Online Philanthropy for National Wildlife Federation. “By engaging our supporters in this personal way, we hope to achieve greater success for wildlife across the country.”
Visitors to the site can choose from six causes, each featuring a real-life story of wildlife in need:
- Adopt A Wildlife Acre: Help create a large area for bison to use when they leave Yellowstone Park.
- Safeguard Bristol Bay: Help stop Pebble Mine, an open pit mine that would produce billions of tons of toxic waste and turn the Bay area into an ugly industrial wasteland.
- Fight Tar Sands Oil: Help stop a dangerous pipeline from being built through the American heartland.
- Combat Climate Change: Help keep the Clean Air strong and give polar bears and other Arctic wildlife a fighting chance.
- Create Wildlife Corridors: Help make the Worcester Mountain Range a safe place for wildlife.
- Protect the Great Lakes: Help create a permanent barrier in Chicago to prevent invasive species from infiltrating the Great Lakes.
- There is also the option to "Give Where Most Needed.”
“Choose Your Cause is not simply a place to make a donation,” said Senft. “It’s a place where you connect with, engage in and become part of National Wildlife’s efforts to protect wildlife for future generations.”
To learn more, visit http://www.nwf.org/ChooseYourCause