St. Lucia, West Indies (PRWEB) November 15, 2011
Many good things, like roses and pastries, are best by the dozen. Calabash Cove is pleased to offer a dozen reasons to visit the idyllic island oasis in 2012.
- The digs. Choose from Waters Edge Cottages, handcrafted hideaways right on the beach offering private plunge pools, outdoor rain showers, hammocks; unique Swim-Up Jr. Suites with private access to the resort’s infinity-edge pool directly from your patio; or luxurious Sunset Oceanview Jr. Suites with oversized Jacuzzis. All are beautifully appointed, making use of natural materials such as Balinese mahogany wherever possible.
- The sunsets. The entire resort overlooks Calabash Cove’s own Mosaic Beach and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. Watch sailboats drift past as the sun dips below the horizon to the west and the lights of the island’s capital, Castries, sparkle to the south from the privacy of your porch, balcony or patio or from the resort’s open-air Windsong Restaurant and C-Bar.
- The food. One of the finest restaurants on the island, Windsong features inspired international cuisine using fresh local ingredients. Calabash Cove’s room rates include daily breakfast, while the resort’s popular All-Inclusive plan includes all meals, room service, and all beverages including premium brand liquor and wines from a wine list.
- The setting. Calabash Cove was designed to exist in harmony with its natural surroundings, tucked into a lush, tropical hillside sloping gently toward a secluded, pristine beach and custom boardwalk framed by framed by coconut trees, bougainvillea, heliconias and many other exotic flowers. Peaceful walkways highlight local flora designed in groves, patches, ponds and terraces alive with the sounds of the birds and wind chimes.
- The swimming and sunning. Stroll down to the beach and take a dip in the calm, protected waters of Bonaire Bay or use the resort’s complimentary kayaks to explore the shoreline. Or spend a lazy afternoon at Sweetwaters, the resort’s half-million-gallon designer pool with a stunning 40-foot infinity edge and a Swim-Up Bar.
- The spa. Indulge the senses and rejuvenate body and mind at Calabash Cove’s Ti Spa and adjacent fitness center. Take advantage of the resort’s Winter Bliss offer: Book five nights all inclusive in a luxurious Sunset Oceanfront Junior Suite at Saint Lucia’s Calabash Cove Resort & Spa and enjoy the spa’s signature couples massage on the beach with our compliments.
- The romance. Calabash Cove offers a variety of wedding and honeymoon packages, as well as couples getaways that include special touches such as a private sunset dinner served on the beach and flower petals scattered in your candlelit room.
- The adventure. The Leisure Concierge at Calabash Cove offers a variety of individually tailored excursions. Sail the high seas with one of St. Lucia's most charismatic storytellers, take an exhilarating hike to the top of one of our majestic Pitons, cool off under a sparkling waterfall, or visit the world’s only drive-in volcano.
- The festivals. From May 5 to May 13, the island will host its internationally renowned annual Saint Lucia Jazz Festival, and Calabash Cove is one of the closest resorts to the event’s main stage on Pigeon Island. Throughout the year, the nearby Gros Islet Friday Night Street Party – the longest running in Saint Lucia -- is a hot spot for locals and visitors alike.
- The people. St. Lucians, known for their warmth and friendliness, share a rich heritage that is showcased in other island events such as Creole Week each October. The official and dominant language is English, while French Creole or Patios is also widely spoken.
- The weather. Saint Lucia enjoys warm temperatures with mild trade winds year round, with the average temperature a perfect 78 degrees.
- The ease of getting here. Calabash Cove is located about 10 minutes from George F. Charles (SLU) airport, and approximately 90 minutes from Hewanorra International (UVF). The resort can arrange luxury car private transfers to and from both airports. Helicopter transfers are also available.
To make reservations at Calabash Cove Resort & Spa, contact your preferred travel agent or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tammy@LMPInternational.com. Calabash Cove can also be booked through leading tour operators, including Travel Impressions, Vacation Express and the Mark Travel Company. For more information, visit http://www.CalabashCove.com.
PHOTOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST