In some markets, many of the home sales are short sales and foreclosures that further drive prices down. Sellers may want to focus on protecting their equity by selling sooner rather than waiting for spring.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) November 10, 2011
While many US homeowners are taking their homes off the market for the holidays, the holidays may be one of the best times to sell according to Louie Ortiz, a nationally featured real estate expert.
“Many areas around the United States are still experiencing price declines, and in a declining market, time is not a seller’s friend,” said Louie Ortiz.
Ortiz notes that there are several reasons why the holidays may be the best time to sell, and five of the top reasons to sell during the holidays include:
1. Most areas are in a declining market – In a declining market, a home owner will typically get a better sales price now rather than waiting until after the holidays or even spring.
2. There is less competition – Many homeowners take their homes off the market for the holidays. As a home seller, this means there is less competition. Generally more homes come back on the market after the holidays, which means increased competition for the seller.
3. More serious buyers shop for homes during the holidays – The buyers that take the time to look for homes are usually more serious. Some may be relocation buyers that need a home before the end of the year. Some investors may also want to close before the end of the year for tax reasons.
4. Homes look great during the holidays – Because of the holiday season, many homeowners typically decorate their homes and the homes look fabulous.
5. Services are more readily available – For many lenders, real estate agents, appraisers, home inspectors, etc., business often slows during the holidays, so services are normally easier to obtain.
Ortiz, featured on HGTV, Fox Television and other media, pointed out: “In some markets, many of the home sales are short sales and foreclosures that further drive prices down. Sellers may want to focus on protecting their equity by selling sooner rather than waiting for spring.”
Louie Ortiz also said: “We are continuing to see appraisal issues where a buyer and seller may agree on a sales price but the home does not appraise at the agreed price. This puts additional downward pressure on home prices, and sellers may want to consider the true cost of keeping a home off the market for the holidays.”
About Louie Ortiz:
Louie Ortiz is a market-savvy real estate professional and speaker featured in various television shows and national publications as a luxury real estate expert including HGTV, Fox TV, San Diego 6, KUSI 9, San Diego Union Tribune and more. Louie Ortiz was also recently recognized for ranking as one of the top 15 real estate agents out of over 74,000 real estate agents in the United States in written sales production with Keller Williams Realty and number one agent in sold closed volume for Keller Williams Southern California region.
For photos or additional information or to schedule an interview, please contact The Louie Ortiz Group at 858 259 1126 ext. 4 or email at LOrtiz(at)LouieOrtiz(dot)com. Preview videos and complete biography of Louie Ortiz at http://www.LouieOrtiz.com.
The Louie Ortiz Group
Contact: Louie Ortiz
858-259-1126, ext. 4
# # #