Consumers that have a plan of where they want to shop and what they are shopping for fare best when it comes to finding deals.
Valhalla, NY (PRWEB) November 14, 2011
The holiday gift giving season is fast approaching and Black Friday shopping resource SaleLocator (http://salelocator.com), is providing tips to help consumers find and make the most of the best Black Friday sales.
“Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year and that means a lot of crowds – especially in the morning hours,” said Michael Falkson, co-founder and CEO of SaleLocator. “Consumers that have a plan of where they want to shop and what they are shopping for fare best when it comes to finding deals.”
SaleLocator’s Black Friday Shopping Survival Tips include:
1. Conduct Online Research in Advance: Before the clock strikes midnight on Black Friday, use online shopping resources like SaleLocator to find the sales that you are most interested in. You can search sales by location and category to quickly review the most relevant offers.
2. Avoid Impulse Purchases: Making a shopping list will help you stay on track and only buy gifts that you really need. SaleLocator and other online and mobile apps have digital shopping list builders to help with the process.
3. Plan Store Visit Timing Accordingly: Although it is important to hit the stores early for the best selection, many Black Friday sales will carry into the weekend. Plot your trip using SaleLocator’s multi-point mapping tool.
4. Use Mobile Apps: Your cell phone is your best shopping companion on Black Friday. While shopping, utilize mobile apps to navigate sales, comparison shop and price match on-site. With SaleLocator you can research online and access your saved lists and sales on your mobile phone.
5. Check Return Policies: Most retailers will allow for returns after the holidays, but this might not be the case for all gifts, especially electronics. Double check store policies and always ask for a gift receipt.
6. Don’t Forget Your Coupons: Some retailers will be offering printable or paper coupons in addition to advertised specials. Make sure you have coupons printed out or bookmarked on your mobile phone.
Offering 275,000 local in-store retail sales for nearly 1,000 retailers, drugstores and grocers, SaleLocator’s Christmas tab, automatically presents holiday sales for retailers like Target, JCPenney, Walmart, Sears and Best Buy. Consumers can also search for sales based on product name, keywords or categories including Clothing and Apparel, Consumer Electronics, Jewelry & Watches, Toys & Games and more.
A nationwide shopping and sales search engine and mobile app, SaleLocator offers the largest collection of in-store sale information to help local bargain hunters find the best ongoing sales near them. Founded in 2010, SaleLocator is providing local shoppers an average of 275,000 sales per day. For more information visit http://salelocator.com.