BatchPoint is aimed at users of Microsoft SharePoint who would like a file import tool that has the features of the more expensive products but not the associated price tag.
(PRWEB) November 14, 2011
BPS has announced the launch of its BatchPoint SharePoint bulk file upload tool.
BatchPoint is a simple, easy to use tool that facilitates the importing and uploading in batch, large numbers of files and their associated metadata into SharePoint document and image libraries and folders.
Doug Kamp, director, Balance Professional Services, said, “If one reviews the vision, goals, strategies and associated operational priorities of most companies, it is apparent that all are reliant on the ability to efficiently and securely create, store, retrieve, share and disseminate information and knowledge. Microsoft SharePoint is often at the top of the list of platforms that can assist in achieving these goals.”
“The issue is that companies often don’t have the time or ability to import the large amount of existing files into SharePoint and this can be a major cause of delayed or failed implementations. The task of achieving this becomes even more daunting when you consider common challenges such as multiple source and destination locations and owners of files and ensuring compliance and consistency of metadata during the import.”
BatchPoint simplifies the process by allowing those who are familiar with the source files to identify the file name, location, destination and related metadata properties in a simple format. Someone with SharePoint Admin access can then simply import all the documents into SharePoint using the BatchPoint tool.
“BatchPoint is aimed at users of Microsoft SharePoint who would like a file import tool that has the features of the more expensive products but not the associated price tag. Typically these sorts of products are only used on occasion, such as initial implementation or migration.” Doug Kamp said.
The premiere release of BatchPoint has the following features:
- Easy to populate file for end users – allow your users to capture information about files to assist with retrieval; your users are the best people to categorise your documents.
- Supports multiple file types, multiple metadata property types and SharePoint check in/check out functionality – BatchPoint will upload all file types accepted by SharePoint 2010 and will check in a file once it has been successfully uploaded.
- Validation of your end users metadata – BatchPoint will validate each content type, metadata value and document library entered into the upload file.
- Generous licensing model – there are no limits on the number or size of files imported.
- Free upgrades – BatchPoint customers enjoy free major and minor upgrades and technical support.
BatchPoint is available via download from http://www.batchpoint.com.
About Balance Professional Services
Balance Professional Services (BPS) is a professional service consulting company. The Technology Services Division provides project and consulting services as well as custom application development and is an independent software vendor (ISV) specialising in the Microsoft SharePoint platform and electronic document and record management.
# # #