It’s easy to think of a home as a safe haven where a family cannot be harmed, but simple things like clutter and carelessness can turn into major accidents.
Gallipolis, OH (PRWEB) November 14, 2011
When people think of potential dangers, they often imagine things that can occur outside of their homes. However, the team at Wiseman Insurance Agency knows that some of the most common injuries are sustained due to household accidents. Therefore, the local insurance experts would like to ensure that everyone who has protected their home with the Ohio homeowners insurance residents need also protects themselves and their families with the following household safety tips:
- Ensure that stairs are in good physical condition and that there are handrails on both sides of the stairway.
- Place non-slip material under all mats and rugs so that they do not slide out from under someone who is walking over them.
- Hallways should be lit with nightlights so that people who wake up during the night do not trip.
- Electrical outlets should be fastened tightly to the wall and appliances should never be kept plugged in near water sources like faucets or a washing machine.
- In addition to smoke alarms, all homes should have carbon monoxide detectors.
Even with home insurance, Ohio residents need to take it upon themselves to ensure their personal safety within their home. It’s easy to think of a home as a safe haven where a family cannot be harmed, but simple things like clutter and carelessness can turn into major accidents. The team at Wiseman Insurance Agency knows that people want their home to be a relaxing, welcoming environment, so evaluating the premises for safety threats on a regular basis can help ensure that their home meets these criteria and that they can achieve peace of mind.
About Wiseman Insurance Agency:
Established in 1928, Wiseman Insurance Agency is a full service, family owned agency dedicated to providing you with superior Ohio insurance. As an independent insurance brokerage we have access to a plethora of insurance carriers, allowing us to offer you the best rates throughout Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia. Our extensive network of providers ensures that we can provide the best OH insurance options to you, our valued customer.