(PRWEB UK) 15 November 2011
Tesco Compare has added an extra six insurance providers to its portfolio, providing customers with new opportunities when searching for car and home insurance deals to save money.
For car insurance, Tesco Compare welcomes Bell, elephant.co.uk and Lloyds, together with Halifax and swiftcover, while the home insurance portfolio now includes RAC in its list of providers.
Vikki Macleod, Commercial Director, said: “We’re delighted to have added six new providers which are well-known in the car and home insurance industry. Our new portfolio means we can offer customers more choice when they are comparing quotes.”
Tesco Compare believes the new providers will complement its existing car and home portfolio which already includes big industry names that provide a wide range of insurance options.
Compare by price and features…
As with the existing providers, customers can also compare car and home insurance quotes by features and benefits according to what is important to them, and not just on price.
There is more to Tesco Compare than meets the eye: It can introduce consumers to comparison services for products within Money and Utilities, and a greater range of insurance products. It also provides links to pet and breakdown insurance providers and, more recently, the ability to compare health insurance and telecoms.
Vikki Macleod added: “We look forward to working with the new providers and establishing a successful working relationship with them. By offering new providers to customers we can deliver more choice which, ultimately, we hope can save them money.”
Want to see if you could find a deal on your car and home insurance this autumn? Visit http://www.tescocompare.com
For media enquiries please contact:
Andy Moore, 0131-718-0759, or andy.moore(at)tescobank(dot)com
Notes to editors:
Tesco Personal Finance Compare Limited (trading as Tesco Compare) is part of the Tesco Personal Finance Group Limited, the financial services arm of the UK’s number one supermarket chain, which is fully owned by the Tesco Group. Tesco Personal Finance Compare Limited, registered in Scotland No.318925. Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh EH12 5BH. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
The Financial Services Authority does not regulate loans, credit cards, telecoms or utilities.
- Tesco Compare is a comparison site, based in the UK. Since our launch in 2007, our business activities have extended to facilitate the introduction of a wide range of comparison services.
- Our own principal comparison services are for car and home insurance to which we compare over 60 and 20 providers respectively.
- Products compared by third party suppliers include: Money (credit cards, loans, mortgages, current accounts and savings accounts). Insurance (business, life, van, motorbike, travel and health). Utilities (broadband, mobile broadband, home phone, digital TV and gas & electricity). We also provide customers with links to pet and breakdown insurance providers.
- Our aim is to introduce customers to fair prices and deals from a range of leading brands.
- We believe that comparison sites should be about more than just the lowest price so our comprehensive comparison service helps you search and compare a wide range of products and providers by feature as well as price.
# # #