San Diego, CA (PRWEB) November 15, 2011
People Magazine will announce on November 16th who is the 2011 Sexiest Man Alive. While many people enjoy ogling the movie stars, it can be disheartening for some men because they feel they can’t measure up to Hollywood heart-throbs like Brad Pitt, George Clooney or Ryan Reynolds. Dr. Dana Fillmore, Clinical Psychologist, Marriage and Family Expert, Co-Founder of StrongMarriageNow.com and author of Happily Ever After: How to Be Happily Married to the One You Already Married, encourages them to learn three things every man can do to be highly attractive to women and it’s a lot easier than one might think!
Dr. Dana Fillmore defines the "sexiest" man as simply the one man a woman decides she wants to have sex with. Good looks alone are just not enough to satisfy most women. The real way to get to a woman's heart can be obtained by almost any man. Dr. Dana and StrongMarriageNow.com suggests the following top three things a man can do that women find irresistible:
1. Feeling connected. Most men and women are looking for different things when it comes to sex. Generally speaking, women want to feel more intimately connected. What is meant by “connected”? Simply put, a sense of personal closeness to her partner. Making this happen requires genuine intimacy and not just sexual intimacy. Dr. Dana suggests showing your vulnerabilities to each other, spending time together, openly communicating, and sharing experiences. The size of your muscles really doesn't have anything to do with being connected.
2. Feeling wanted. If one wants to be powerfully sexy to one’s woman, make her know that she is desired. This is a recurring theme in many romance stories, the man will be "burning with passion" for the leading lady. There is a reason these types of stories have been best sellers for decades.
This goes further than just letting her know you want to have sex. It is more important that she feels like you desire her specifically. A frequent compliant heard from women at StrongMarriageNow.com is that they feel like their spouse just wants to have sex, not that they want her explicitly. This is a major turn-off for many women. While it is true that women can enjoy sex for sex's sake, the connection between the two parties is the key to appearing sexy to your partner.
To apply this principle, simply make your partner know that your sexual desires are DIRECTLY related to her, not just your wants. While a woman may think that Hugh Jackman’s stunning looks make him "sexy," it is the personal connection with her partner that truly turns her on.
3. Power. No, not just physical strength or a position of high ranking, Dr. Dana is referring to power over ones self. One of the recurring themes in the winners of the "Sexiest Man Alive" award (aside from even tans and sharp jaw lines) is a sense of power. One way to look powerful in your partner’s eyes is to be in control. What is meant by "in control"?
- Spend more nights at the bar drinking than home with one's spouse is not in control
- Not keeping one's promises and commitments is in control.
- Frequently losing one's temper or getting angry is not in control.
To have a better personal connection, more desire, and a better sex life, start taking control!
To summarize, being the sexiest man alive has a lot more to do with what your woman thinks about you than how you appear physically. This is good news, because you can change your behaviors, but changing your actual looks is obviously a bit harder. Becoming the sexiest man alive is all about the impression one makes on their partner. A man who communicates openly, has a good sense of humor, shows intelligence and occasionally does the dishes is much more likely to be sexy in a woman's eyes than a man who looks like a Hollywood movie star.
If you are looking for more ways to boost your marriage, and increase your overall sexiness, check out more advice from Dr. Dana at http://www.StrongMarriageNow.com.
# # #