Goal setting is important because without it, nothing gets done. Students and people with goals achieve more than those who do not."
San Clemente CA (PRWEB) November 16, 2011
According to recent academic studies published by Locke and Latham, Bandura and Education.com: "Goal setting is an important component of students' motivation, self-regulation, and achievement in academic settings. Given the centrality of goals to classroom learning, it is important that students set goals that are likely to have desirable effects. Goal setting is important because without it, nothing gets done. Students and people with goals achieve more than those who do not."
With this in mind, Super Star Learning Company, the leading online provider of 21st Century Skills for students, today announced the launch of My Dream Machine School Edition, the nation’s very first Social Goal-Setting and Achievement platform for schools. My Dream Machine is specifically designed to give students the critical thinking, time management, team-building and collaboration skills to set and achieve goals, which will ensure success in higher education and in the career arena.
This unique and transformative social learning technology empowers students and teachers to create goals; and gives them the fundamental skills to create a course of action, collaborate with peers, and break goals down into achievement levels in order to succeed. In addition, through My Dream Machine, students will have the benefit of a customized learning community, who will serve to support, encourage and empower students on the path to realizing their goals.
My Dream Machine consists of the following key components, specifically targeted towards influencing goal setting, achievement and community among students:
- Benchmark and Tracking System: This feature adds timelines and dates to each dream or project so that the student lists actual steps that can be completed within a particular timeframe. Each student will have a profile page that displays current goals and the underlying information that will help them achieve that goal or complete a project.
- Feedback, Collaboration and Communication: Students will collaborate with and receive feedback from their "Dream Team," a closed network of peers, teachers, or parents regarding their goal, project or dream.
- My Reminders: Students will receive reminders of upcoming deadlines for each goal or dream benchmark.
- Encouragement Wall: Members of the students' dream team will be able to post comments of encouragement and support on the dreamers profile page.
- Safe and Secure Closed Network: Each student's social network will be closed and secure. Teachers will have the ability to monitor and limit students' interaction and posting of comments to avoid abuse and visibility outside the closed network.
According to John Stippick, Founder of Super Star Learning, "We are very excited to introduce the first true Achievement technology to education. My Dream Machine School provides real support, real planning and real goal-setting for the students of today, to be prepared for higher education and for the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics careers of tomorrow."
My Dream Machine is currently free and in use inside of Super Star Learning's suite of educational technology tools, including ProjectBasedlearning.com, and the Room21 Online Learning Community Platform, used by more than 70,000 students across the U.S.
Super Star Learning continues to offer grants to qualified schools and districts with a viable interest in enhancing their commitment to classroom technology. For more information on how to apply for a grant, visit Super Star Learning Company's Grant Page.
For general information or product demonstration, please visit http://www.superstarleaning.com. Members of the media may contact John Zoccola at jzoccola(at)superstarlearning(dot)com for more information.
ABOUT SUPERSTAR LEARNING COMPANY
Super Star Learning Company is committed to providing innovative and powerful technologies that are simple and easy to deploy and become the source of education transformation for students, teachers, and administrators.