"The days for most stand-alone-server implementations are over", said Tony Perry, CRC's VP and Chief Technical Officer.
Cumming, GA (PRWEB) November 17, 2011
"The days for most stand-alone-server implementations are over", said Tony Perry, CRC's VP and Chief Technical Officer. Tony went on to say, “The advantages and benefits of the cloud are huge; and this technology has matured to the point where we can offer a safe, secure, reliable, and cost effective solution to any business looking to leave the problems of one-server-one-application behind.”
CRC provides both public and private cloud to its clients, working closely with each to determine the best mix of features and benefits vs. cost of having the hardware in the clients’ office or in CRC’s data center. In all cases clients receive some combination of the following benefits:
- Lack of dependence on a single server. Should a server fail, because it is virtual, it simply continues processing on another (working) node in the array with users usually unaware that anything has happened.
- Ability to load balance applications across servers. Gone are the days that servers must be individually tuned. Technicians simply move high-usage applications to other nodes with less workload – again without users even knowing it happened.
- No more server migrations. All of the pain associated with buying a new server every few years and upgrading it (while users sit idle) and then working out the problems with the migration is gone forever.
- Automatic, Enterprise class data backup every 15 minutes – with the ability to go back to any point in time and recover data.
- Pay-for-what-you-use and pay-as-you-go for Information Technology Services. The Cloud is scalable such that increasing capacity for employees is accomplished by increasing the monthly fee for more resource usage. If a workforce needs to shrink, the corresponding billing will most likely decrease.
- No more application software licensing issues. Clients can rent applications from CRC for a monthly fee and always have the most current version of application software.
Due to all of the above reasons, many of CRC’s clients are leaving their server closets behind and are opting for a cloud based solution.