Dublin, Ireland (PRWEB) November 18, 2011
Sending a festive food basket, packed full of traditional Irish foods and treats from siopa.com is sure to put a smile on a loved one's face and remind them of home this year. But there's no need to stop there...why not go all out this year in an attempt to bring a slice of Ireland to the Thankgiving day, regardless of where it takes place?
Here is a siopa.com final countdown to a traditional Thanksgiving Day with a distinctive Irish twist.
It's the Final Countdown!
- Start by planning the final seating arrangements (and why not add to the sense of fun by naming everyone after a famous Irish poet, author or playwright, like Sean O’Casey, Oscar Wilde or WB Yeats?)
- Order a Celtic Clover Irish Food Basket from siopa.com (think all-time favorites such as Tayto Crisps, Bewley’s Coffee and Barry’s Tea, never mind Irish mince pies and fruit cake among other things.)
- Write down the tasks to allocate to everyone in the house – everyone needs to pitch in, regardless of age.
- Check the thawing time for your frozen turkey.
- Order an Irish Thanksgiving gifts from siopa.com – how about a Carraig Donn aran-style merrino wool cardigan for her or a Johnathan Richards grey tweed traditional Country Cap for him (both made here in Ireland)?
- Order an Irish Breakfast Banquet from siopa.com for the morning after the night before. Savour the moment of buttering toast with luscious Kerrygold Irish Butter while chowing down on White and Black Pudding, Irish sausages and rashers (or ‘bacon’) and some traditional Irish scones and jam.
- Wash the Irish table linen (or order Thomas Ferguson Irish Linen direct from siopa.com) in preparation of the big day - the unique hand-stiched linen will be a talking-point among guests.
- Rent out Christmas movies to entertain the kids.
- Order a Discovering Ireland Boardgame to play with the family after dinner, wrapped up cozily in front of the fire – this will really test the knowledge of the Emerald Isle in the group.
- Make the living space extra cozy with a Foxford Irish throw for the sofa (check out siopa.com for all different styles and colors).
- Set the table with elegant Galway Crystal Claddagh Wine Glasses and a Newbridge Silver Candle- Holder (all available on siopa.com)
- Buy the wine in (and get them to deliver to save your back).
- Clean out the fireplace so it’s ready to light. And how about ordering a truly unique slice of Ireland with a gift that cultivates real Irish shamrock in ‘Official Irish Dirt’, taken from the island of Ireland (better still, the gift comes with a handcrafted Irish Belleek Bowl to grow the shamrock in).
Lulu O’Sullivan, CEO of siopa.com, says: “With more and more Irish families moving abroad for work, the Thanksgiving and Christmas period can be a time when so many people, particularly those with an Irish heritage, want to reconnect with their roots. What better way to do that then, than to decorate your home with Irish products; wear traditional Irish woolen clothes or celebrate with Irish foods that remind you of home? I believe that Irish culture and identity is strong enough to transcend all distances or barriers. Since I set up siopa.com, I have been overwhelmed with the sense of Irishness that pulsates through the 70-million strong Irish Diaspora living overseas. At Thanksgiving and Christmas, in particular, there is a thirst for, and a pride in that distinct sense of Irishness that has survived for decades, and will continue to do so for many more decades to come.”
For further details, please contact: Maebh Coyle (maebh(at)siopa(dot)com)
Note to editor: Siopa.com is an online portal for authentic, Irish produced goods. Based in Dublin, the company was set up by Irish internet entrepreneur, Lulu O’Sullivan, who began an online gifts delivery business in Ireland back in 1987. She launched siopa.com, aimed at the Irish Diaspora, in 2011 with support from Enterprise Ireland and Ireland’s Taoiseach, Mr Enda Kenny, TD.