Arlington, VA (PRWEB) November 17, 2011
buySAFE, Inc. delivers complete peace of mind for online shoppers through its unique 3-in-1 buySAFE Guarantee, resulting in increased conversion, revenues and profitability for E-commerce companies. They announced the results of their latest market research leading up to this year’s holiday shopping season. The research was conducted via an online survey in October 2011, polling hundreds of online shoppers. The survey results reveal the key factors driving shopper behavior and purchase decisions.
While price and the overall cost are important, the survey revealed just how important consumer confidence, perceived merchant reliability and personal information security are when shopping online.
The findings were focused on these key drivers:
- Price to Value: Bargain hunting remained a top driver of online sales with free shipping (75% of respondents) and coupons (54% of respondents) playing significant roles,
- Merchant Reliability: 25% of respondents indicated that merchant reliability was the leading factor in their decision to purchase,
- Purchase Guarantee: 31% of respondents stated that “purchase guarantees” played a significant role in their decision to purchase online,
- Personal Information Protection: Identity theft and personal information misuse was the most concerning aspect of online commerce for 42% of respondents, followed by merchant reliability and capability to deliver on terms of the sale (35%), and
- ID Theft Protection: Interestingly, 83% of respondents indicate that if a retailer provided them free Identity Theft Protection it would “likely” or “very likely” increase their decision to purchase from that site.
“buySAFE routinely conducts this type of survey, which provides direct interaction with online shoppers. The results continue to provide necessary insights to continually enhance our buySAFE Guaranteed program and to meet the evolving needs of our online merchants and their customers,” said Jeff Grass, buySAFE CEO. “
“The path to success for online merchants is not as simple as providing shoppers with the best price and free shipping.” said Marc Morel, Director of Product Management at buySAFE. “Online shoppers expect retailers to provide a confident and reliable online shopping experience. With consumer confidence at an all-time low in these difficult economic times, it is not surprising the survey data tells us the three biggest drivers of online shopper confidence are 1) merchant reliability, 2) information security and 3) getting the best price. The use of Purchase Guarantees by retailers to increase consumer confidence continues to grow in importance.”
buySAFE’s 3-in-1 Guarantee enables retailers to comprehensively address these top concerns of their shoppers and potential buyers. The buySAFE 3-in-1 Guarantee eliminates the concerns of shoppers by providing:
1. $10,000 ID Theft Protection: comprehensive identity theft coverage,
2. $1,000 Purchase Guarantee: guarantees all the purchase terms of sale, and
3. $100 Lowest Price Guarantee: if the store’s price drops within 30 days of purchase, buySAFE will refund the difference.
buySAFE, Inc. provides a transactional guarantee program for online retailers to increase profits and customer satisfaction. buySAFE is partnered with Liberty Mutual, Travelers, and Assurant Specialty Property. With over 5 billion online impressions of buySAFE each year, 21 million guaranteed purchases and over 5,000 buySAFE Merchant websites, buySAFE is widely recognized as an industry leader in providing its unique guaranteed shopping programs. buySAFE's investors include Grotech Ventures, Core Capital Partners, Symantec Corporation and The Hartford Financial Services Group. For more information, visit: http://www.buysafe.com
For Media Contact:
Hans Dreyer, VP
703 778 4445 x 110