Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 16, 2011
World Wildlife Fund (WWF) marks 50 years of conservation success this year with the launch of its 2011-2012 holiday gift guide that allows children and adults alike to join in supporting WWF's conservation efforts around the world.
The 60+ page catalog features ways that supporters can make a donation and select a thank- you gift (for themselves or a loved one) that represents a commitment to help protect the planet and be the voice for species and nature. All donations made through the gift catalog are used in support of WWF’s global conservation work.
The top five gifts to thank you for your donation are:
- Vintage WWF Gear with the original panda logo – Help WWF celebrate five decades of conservation success and receive vintage gear that honors this history. These items feature the original logo, which was inspired by a drawing of Chi-Chi, the first giant panda to live in the West. Gerald Watterson, an environmentalist and artist, created sketches of Chi-Chi that Sir Peter Scott used to create the first logo when he founded WWF back in 1961. Donation amount: as low as $25.
- Christopher Radko® Collectible Ornament – Created exclusively for WWF’s 50th, this hand-blown glass panda ornament of a mother and her cub is lined with sterling silver and is limited to just 1,000 pieces. This collectible is only available this holiday season. Donation amount: $75.
- Symbolic Species Adoptions – Choose to symbolically adopt an animal from a list of more than 100 species. Your donation of $25 includes a species adoption certificate, information card, and color photo. Donations of $50 or more come with a soft animal plush of the adopter’s choosing. Unsure of what animal to adopt for a loved one? Gift Adoption Cards are available to let the adopter choose their very own thank you gift, or select from the top-five most popular symbolically adopted animals:
- Adoption-of-the-Month – Honor loved ones and support conservation year-round with the popular adoption-of-the-month club. Beginning in December, you (or your gift recipient) will receive a plush animal, certificate and photo in the mail each month, along with a spotlight card describing the critically endangered or threatened species. Donation amount: $500.
- 2012 WWF Calendar – Be the voice for those species and beautiful, natural places that have no voice by displaying this 2012 calendar in your home or office. Donation amount: $25.
For more information about the catalog or to make a donation by phone, call 1 (800) CALL-WWF (800-960-0993) Monday – Friday 8am – 10pm EDT, Saturday 10am – 6pm EDT, or Sunday 10am – 10pm EDT. Online donations can be made at worldwildlife.org/giving.
Photographs and samples are available upon request.
ABOUT WORLD WILDLIFE FUND
WWF is the world’s leading conservation organization, working in 100 countries for nearly half a century. With the support of almost 5 million members worldwide, WWF is dedicated to delivering science-based solutions to preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, halt the degradation of the environment and combat climate change. Visit worldwildlife.org to learn more.