Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 18, 2011
Atlantic Information Services, publisher of Specialty Pharmacy News, Drug Benefit News and Health Plan Week is pleased to announce publication of the 2000-2011 Survey Results: Pharmacy Benefit Trends and Data. This brand-new edition captures PBM membership and market share data from 1st Quarter 2000 to 2nd Quarter 2011. With stats by company and by aggregated numbers, Pharmacy Benefit Trends and Data reports the top benchmarks on the entire books of business for PBMs: prescription volume, drug spend, covered lives, cost trends, mail-order market share and much more.
For more details, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/pharmacy-benefit-trends-and-data.
Managing drug costs has become an even higher priority for health plans as the Rx benefit has come to represent a larger and larger portion of outpatient health care expenses, and the role of PBMs has become increasingly more vital. The data in Pharmacy Benefit Trends and Data will allow users to:
- Discover where there’s an opportunity for cost containment by looking at average ingredient costs, dispensing fees and actual amounts paid by brand and generic.
- Determine the point at which the copay differential (the price difference between one tier and the next) actively influences consumer behavior.
- Identify the most widely utilized prescription products at each PBM.
- Analyze utilization volume by benefit tier.
- Develop projections about the effect of changes in prescription volume on the overall growth trend.
- Analyze drug spend by 11 top therapeutic categories and see which areas have had the biggest shifts.
- Track generic utilization rates per PBM and nationally.
Pharmacy Benefit Trends and Data is a resource that consists of both a printed book and an accompanying CD with all of the book’s data — plus additional data not contained in the book — in easy-to-use Excel spreadsheets. It also contains a directory of PBMs, PBAs, SPPs and related companies with contact information, key executives and business volume indicators, such as number of clients and total Rx per year.
For more details, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/pharmacy-benefit-trends-and-data for more information.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
# # #