Rochester, NY (PRWEB) November 18, 2011
ASE Optics, an optical engineering services firm, has recently improved lens system performance by a factor of four for a technology customer. Through ASE Optics’ discovery service, 20 hours of focused engineering for a discounted cost of $1950, ASE explored alternatives to off-the-shelf lenses for high speed imaging, when the lens failed to meet requirements. This discovery resulted in a lens design that improved performance by 4x while fitting low volume cost constraints. Finished lenses were delivered six weeks from the close of the discovery phase.
While ASE Optics holds its customer and project details in the highest confidence, performance issues are a common challenge. Developed as a way to put “stuck” projects back on track fast, ASE’s Discovery Service can:
- Rapidly determine feasibility, difficulty or cost for new designs
- Better define a problem within a larger program context
- Troubleshoot a practical solution for a tightly-defined problem
Christopher Cotton, GM of ASE Optics, says “We don’t have preconceptions going into a discovery service. We’re often asked to explore and evaluate alternative approaches. Discovery service could result in a technique for improving performance from commercially available components, or new lens or assembly design.”
Another recent project resulted in requirements for a medical device optical system. Of four viable approaches, ASE Optics was able to guide the customer toward the option that would be easiest to implement, reducing manufacturing time and costs. Other discovery service projects have included:
- Analyze tolerance of an ultra-fast laser system
- Investigate LED spot-light instrument homogenization techniques
- Develop optical specs for a medical fluorescence imaging system
- Develop low-stress assembly techniques for a polarization imaging system
- Develop sampling techniques for scanning optical metrology systems
- Design IR imaging lens
- Investigate novel imaging lens systems for horizon imaging
To take advantage of ASE’s unique Discovery Service visit http://aseoptics.com/aseopticalservices/optical_discoveryservices/ and upload your information, or contact Christopher Cotton directly at 585-303-1574.
About ASE Optics
ASE Optics was founded in 1994 to provide optical engineering support for companies who couldn’t find, couldn’t afford, or couldn’t justify having an optical engineer on staff. ASE Optics “sees beyond the lens”—their optical engineers’ expertise is both deep and broad, crossing industries from security and defense to consumer electronics to medical devices. Visit http://www.aseoptics.com to learn more.