Website owners must ask themselves this one question before even considering guest blogging: can they write well?
(PRWEB UK) 20 November 2011
SEO Positive specialises predominantly in search engine optimisation. SEO is considered both a science and an art and this is mainly thanks to the fluctuating demands of major search engines such as Google. As the web giant continues to update its algorithm, SEO consultants need to be ever more flexible when it comes to determining a campaign strategy that’s going to result in high search engine rankings for keywords that will bring high quality traffic to the site in question.
While the factors that affect the SERPs of domains chop and change on an almost daily basis, there is one approach that remains as essential as ever – link building. David Ffyske, Client Account Manager at SEO Positive, can’t stress the importance of link building enough.
“Link juice is the absolute foundation of good SEO. Links to appropriate sources improve the relevancy of your site in the eyes of Google and will help you rank for the search terms you’re targeting”, David explains.
One of the easiest ways for webmasters to gain good back links to a website is to write for a site that belongs to an authoritative blogger within their industry’s online community. Many webmasters swear by this approach and believe that by writing proactively they can greatly influence the success of their SEO campaign. On the other hand, other business owners in a similar position believe that they cannot justify spending so much time working on blog posts.
Below are a few things for website owners to think about when considering guest blogging.
- Webmasters must be aware of the fact that it takes a long while to become an established guest blogger. Results will not be instantaneous and they will almost certainly not see a noticeable increase in web traffic for a few weeks or months.
- Those who run a business must first decide whether or not they have the time and resources to put into guest blogging. In order to make the best impression possible, guest bloggers are expected to contribute to sites regularly, perhaps even on a day to day basis. Of course, it is possible to hire a dedicated copywriter, but this investment may not be viable, especially for smaller start-up companies.
- Website owners must ask themselves this one question before even considering guest blogging: can they write well? Those interested in your particular industry want to hear an authoritative voice on the subject and demand engaging, well-thought-out content at all times. Poor grammar, bad spelling and a lack of purpose will result in dreary blog posts (and a very limited following).
- Guest bloggers are often under a large amount of pressure. Readers expect to be captivated at all times, and if businesses cannot afford to keep their writing fresh and current, audiences will leave.
- It is essential to spend some time building a relationship with the more popular bloggers, engaging in genuine conversations to find out more about this particular niche. If online business owners believe they’ve done a good job, they should ask such individuals to promote their work, but it will take time to establish a sense of trust between both parties.
- The potential site traffic that can be gained from guest blogging is huge. This will in turn increase the number of enquiries or sales generated by the site and will maximise the return on the initial investment. However, guest blogging has no immediate financial gains.
- Finally, by indulging in guest blogging and making a good impression, businesses can improve the reputation of their company greatly. Content will be shared in other relevant circles and company will be achieving great exposure for the brand. It’s often said that businesses can’t put a price on a great reputation.
It’s important to take all of these points into consideration before diving into the cut-throat world of guest blogging. Business owners are advised to get in contact with SEO Positive Limited for more advice about link building methods and the advantages and disadvantages of writing guest blogs, with or without professional assistance.
SEO Positive was established in 2007 in Chelmsford, Essex with the aim of bringing effective yet affordable online marketing services to companies from all industries and backgrounds. The company offers a huge range of services including search engine optimisation, Pay Per Click account management, social media marketing and website design.