Getting started is easy: Just visit VolunteerMatch.org, type in your location and a few keywords, and browse all the ways you can make a difference.
(PRWEB) November 21, 2011
As millions across the country spend Thanksgiving pondering what they are grateful for, VolunteerMatch provides a way for everyone to give thanks by giving back to their communities. And with over 72,000 listings to choose from VolunteerMatch.org is the most popular place to find volunteer opportunities.
- In the D.C. area, volunteers can serve Thanksgiving dinner with Sasha Bruce Youthwork, Inc. and a member of the Washington Redskins.
- Feeling the need to get away from the holiday craziness? Spend a week volunteering in places like Morocco and Costa Rica with Cross-Cultural Solutions.
- Be a part of the city-wide Thanksgiving parade in Chicago - just watch out for those runaway floats!
- Take a preemptive strike at those holiday pounds and lace up for the annual United Run for the Hungry 5K/10K Run/Walk with Jewish Family Service of San Diego.
- Love to sing? Regardless of what the family thinks, there are people at the VFW in Vermont who can appreciate your fabulous singing voice. Share it talent on Thanksgiving.
Substitute a post-turkey nap with some volunteering, and choose one of these or any of the other 72,000 opportunities on VolunteerMatch.
Getting started is easy: Just visit VolunteerMatch.org, type in a location and a few keywords, and browse all the ways to make a difference.
For volunteers who can’t find anywhere to serve over Thanksgiving, or who just can’t make it work between the turkey and the pie, there are other options. Consider taking this time to make a volunteering pledge, and use VolunteerMatch to find the perfect opportunity for the rest of the year. With so many people wanting to volunteer during the holidays, many organizations, in fact, would prefer this.
VolunteerMatch is a national nonprofit dedicated to strengthening communities by helping good people and good causes to connect. Its award-winning online service, http://www.volunteermatch.org, makes it easy to find a way to make a difference by location, expertise, or availability. VolunteerMatch provides many of the nation's most recognized businesses, campuses and organizations with Web-based solutions to facilitate and track volunteer engagement at local and national levels. The VolunteerMatch network regularly welcomes more than 190,000 visitors each week and has become the preferred volunteer recruiting service for tens of thousands of participating nonprofits.