Scottsdale Ranked #5 in “Top 25 Arts Destinations”
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) November 21, 2011
Spend Black Friday, and the weekend shopping the arts for that unique one of a kind gift……we have something for every palette with a good time to be had by all.
- Talking Stick Fine Art & Wine Festival, with Thunderbird Artists!
Presenting nationally acclaimed, world-renowned and emerging independent
artists showcasing new original artwork.
WHEN & WHERE
- Award winning Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, 7555 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale
- Friday, Nov. 25 at 10am-5pm
- Saturday, Nov. 26 at 10am-5pm
- Sunday, Nov 27 at 10am-5pm
- Showcasing 100 artists…
- Plus special guest artist, Hal Stewart, presenting his pre-cast of
“Pima Indian Basket Lady” and taking her to a new 9-foot tall scale — larger than
Life! This incredible sculpture pays homage to the Salt River-Pima Maricopa tribal nations.
ADMISSION & PARKING
- Admission $5. Purchased at the gate, by phone at 480.270.5000, or at
http://www.SaltRiverFields.com Parking is FREE.
- Available for purchase. Prints, drawings, gourds, pottery, paintings, photography, jewelry,
ceramics, as well as sculptures glass, clay, stone, copper, metal & bronze.
- Cooking Demonstrations. SubZero/Wolf Chefs Demonstration Stage
- Talking Stick Fine Art & Wine Festival is uniquely positioned on the
Salt River Prima-Maricopa Indian Community, featuring panoramic views of
central Arizona’s most iconic mountain ranges including: Camelback
Mountain, the McDowell Mountains and the majestic Red Mountain.
- Two charity drawings supporting the American Healing Arts Foundation providing free art classes for U.S. Veterans. http://www.americanhealingartsfoundation.com
- Win a 5-day, 4-night stay in a houseboat on Lake Mead & Lake Powell, donated by Forever Resorts.
- Win the bronze sculpture ‘Courage & Faith’ by award-winning artist by Ron Head.
- Drawings will occur at the conclusion of the festival.
- Thunderbird Artists. Thunderbird Artists was founded in 1981 by Judi
Combs, CEO, and is still owned and operated by Judi. Combs began with
small, local shows in Arizona until March of 1992, when she produced her
first juried fine art festival in Scottsdale. The overwhelming success of
Thunderbird Artists’ first festival led to additional festivals in Carefree,
Sedona, Denver, Lake Tahoe, Tucson, Colorado and Scottsdale.
- Visit http://www.thunderbirdartists.com or call 480-837-5637
- For more information on Salt River Fields visit http://www.SaltRiverFields.com or call 480.837.5637
# # #