As counterfeiting increasingly goes online, fighting cyber-crime has become the focus of many brand protection efforts.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 22, 2011
Legal IQ, a division of IQPC, announces the 8th Anti-Counterfeiting & Brand Protection Summit, January 23-25, 2012 in San Francisco, CA. The summit brings together brand managers, directors of investigations, legal counsel, as well as law enforcement officials in an open forum to discuss recent successes and challenges in today’s brand protection environment.
As counterfeiting increasingly goes online, fighting cyber-crime has become the focus of many brand protection efforts. Brand owners are becoming increasingly empowered by using online tools to conduct their own investigations and track down pirates. Rob Holmes, Founder and CEO of IPCybercrime.com offers ten tips that companies use to track down counterfeiters in this video.
The Anti-Counterfeiting & Brand Protection Summit - West Coast features speakers from global leaders in intellectual property protection including Adidas Group, Caterpillar Inc., Chevron Corporation, Cisco, eBay, True Religion Brand Jeans, World Wrestling Entertainment, and more. This year’s program focuses on:
- Proven brand protection techniques and strategies by leading organizations
- Overcoming domestic and international barriers to investigation
- Safeguarding the integrity of the supply chain and ensuring consumer safety
- Fostering collaboration and cooperation between public and private sectors to detect and curb counterfeit products and distribution
- Pursuing legal action against online marketplaces and landlords in an effort to derail counterfeiters
- Measuring the impact of new gTLDs on registrations, enforcement actions and dispute resolutions
For more information on the Anti-Counterfeiting & Brand Protection Summit - West Coast event, please visit http://www.anticounterfeitingsummitwest.com or contact Manjula Dharia, Program Director at Manjula.Dharia(at)iqpc(dot)com.
IQPC (http://www.iqpc.com) provides business executives with tailored practical conferences, large-scale events, topical seminars and in-house training programs. Producing over 1,500 events annually around the world, IQPC continues to grow and has offices in cities across six continents including: Berlin, Dubai, London, New York, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, and Toronto.