Centerville, MA (PRWEB) November 22, 2011
EVENT: Ecobuild America – Sustainable, Green and High Performance Solutions for the Built Environment. Produced by – AEC Science Technology
DATE: December 3-7, 2012
LOCATION: Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C.
CONFERENCE THEME: High Performance Through High Technology
DESCRIPTION: Ecobuild America and co-located events, in Washington, DC, provides every member of the design and construction team education and resources to build smarter and improve our built environment. Ecobuild covers the residential, commercial, government, infrastructure, institutional and industrial sectors. Three industry stalwarts will be joining Ecobuild once again to serve industry professionals at the 2012 Conference.
- National BIM Conference will address the IT needs of the entire construction team.
- National High Performance Building Conference will be offering roundtable discussions, seminars, a vendor product exhibit and executive level meetings.
- National Specifers Conference will discuss the impact of specification changes and trends.
In addition to the stellar conference offerings, attendees will have full tracks dedicated to:
- Open construction and specification information exchanges, such as COBie, SPie, and more.
- Technology User Sessions oriented towards current and prospective users from various leading software companies.
- Building envelope design and technology courses discussing the latest in engineering, building product development and case studies of top performing projects.
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction Management Curricula showcasing what leading schools are doing to train our next generation of sustainably-minded design and construction professionals.
KEYNOTE: Tim Psomas, P.E., FACEC
The former Chairman of the Board of Psomas, the former Chairman of ACEC, and now Chairman of The Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI), Mr. Psomas will be the headline Keynote presenter at Ecobuild America 2012. ISI was founded in February 2011 and is dedicated to working with public and private owners, designers, contractors and materials/equipment manufacturers and suppliers to forge a new vision for sustainable infrastructure throughout North America.
SPECIAL FEATURE EVENTS:
BIMStorm 2012 will focus on owners and their needs from the industry. We are accepting proposals from owners to submit projects or challenges into the BIMStorm. Real world project challenges could include:
- Request for Proposals for new construction
- Request for Proposals for renovations
- Master Planning Studies
- BIM to Facility Management and the lifecycle
- BIM and energy, live sensors, monitoring and controls
Owner requests will be announced to teams who can then respond by using open standards based BIM, GIS and Facility Management tools. We invite the best in the industry to learn what owners want and to respond with BIM rather than glossy brochures. Show us what you got! The results will be analyzed and reports generated to compare projects.
The Federal Design & Construction Outlook Conference - How will your A/E/C firm succeed in the federal design and construction market in the coming years—when budgets will continue to tighten, procurement rules will get even more complex, and competition will increase? In this one-day session, you will:
- Get face-to-face access to officials from federal agencies heavily involved in the design and construction of federal facilities.
- Obtain actionable marketing intelligence—not just overall spending forecasts, but also insightful analyses of different niches in the federal agency design and construction programs, and what it will take to succeed in each.
- Learn from experts in federal marketing and sales. How can you select parts of the federal market where your firm has the best chance of success, differentiate your firm, get on the right teams, or lead a successful team for procurements of interest?
- Participate in events specifically designed to promote teaming and joint planning for specific future procurement opportunities.
EXHIBITS, THEATERS AND HIGHLIGHTS:
The AEC Interoperability Center - Come see real-world examples of how Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) systems are revolutionizing collaboration. This Center will visually demonstrate how these rapidly emerging technologies are redefining how projects are planned and scheduled, cost overruns are minimized, and how facilities are managed throughout the project lifecycle.
The Sustainable and Smart Theaters:
- BIM & Intelligent Buildings - Experience fresh from the incubator technology that meets owners’ demands for increased building intelligence, security, surveillance and efficiency. No longer a fantasy, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Internet protocol(IP) systems are HOT so come get up to speed on the powerful systems now on the market and on other software/IT tools to improve collaboration and interoperability.
- Building Performance & Energy Efficiency - Explore solutions and strategies for the integration and optimization on a lifecycle basis all major high-performance attributes. This comprehensive view includes energy conservation, environment, safety, security, durability, accessibility, cost-benefit, productivity, sustainability, functionality, and operational considerations.
CONTACT: To exhibit, advertise, sponsor call 1-800-996-3863 or inquiry(at)aecst(dot)com
To submit a presentation go to http://www.aececobuild.com/speak