"Most entertaining stage production I've seen in years - including Broadway!"
- William Keck, Columnist, TV Guide Magazine
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) November 22, 2011
Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel are set to return to the Greenway Court Theatre in 2012. I Love Lucy® Live on Stage has extended its run for an additional seven weeks of performances through February 26.
I Love Lucy® Live on Stage has been the “must-see” musical comedy in Los Angeles since it opened on October 1 to rave reviews. Audiences travel back to the 1950s and the Desilu Studios to watch the “filming” of two episodes of the iconic and beloved sitcom, complete with a television studio host, vintage-style live musical commercials, and The Ricky Ricardo Orchestra playing live from the “Tropicana Nightclub.”
The I Love Lucy® Live on Stage facebook page has nearly 6,000 friends, and fans have traveled to see the show from Florida, Chicago, New York, Colorado, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, Canada, England, France, Germany, Italy, Australia and even Kuala Lampur, Malasia. No one leaves disappointed. “Most entertaining stage production I've seen in years - including Broadway!” said TV Guide columnist William Keck. “The period sets, dialogue, and costumes contribute to a fun, throwback atmosphere, but this fizzing production almost entirely turns on the cast,” wrote Tanner Stransky in Entertainment Weekly. Flavorpill raves, “make it easy to love Lucy once again,” and the LA Weekly says, “GO! Rick Sparks' terrific cast channels [Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel] with charm, intelligence and energy in this fun-filled musical comedy.” The production, which features a 13-member cast in addition to a 7-piece band, will graduate from Actors’ Equity 99-seat plan to a HAT (Hollywood Area Theater) contract beginning with its 61st performance on December 14.
I Love Lucy® Live on Stage stars Sirena Irwin (Lucy), Bill Mendieta (Ricky), Bill Chott (Fred) and Lisa Joffrey (Ethel). Also featured in the cast, playing multiple roles, are Tom Christensen, Steven Connor, Gregory Franklin, Kerri-Anne Lavin, Ed Martin, Denise Moses, Cindy Sciacca, Amy Tolsky, Gina Torrecilla and Mark Christopher Tracy. Direction and staging are by Rick Sparks. The stage adaption and additional new material are by Kim Flagg and Rick Sparks. Set design is by Aaron Henderson; lighting design is by Jeremy Pivnick; sound design is by Cricket S. Myers; costume design is by Shon LeBlanc; and the production stage manager is Justine Baldwin. I Love Lucy® Live on Stage is presented by S. Kahn Presents and Millrock Company. Hyra George and Kim Flagg produce, and executive producers are David George and Stephen Kahn.
Performances of I Love Lucy® Live on Stage take place Wednesday, Thursdays, and Fridays @ 8 pm, Saturdays @ 3 pm & 8 pm, and Sundays @ 7 pm through February 26 (dark Dec. 21-25 and Dec. 31-Jan. 10). Tickets are $45. The Greenway Court Theatre is located at 544 N. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036. To purchase tickets, call 800-595-4TIX (800-595-4849) or go to http://www.ilovelucylive.com. Join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ILoveLucyLiveOnStage.
Details for Calendar Listings
I Love Lucy® Live On Stage
I Love Lucy® Live on Stage – Extended through February 26. The world premiere of a musical comedy tribute to the most popular and longest-running television show in history. Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel: America’s favorite foursome... live on stage and in color for the very first time! Travel back to the 1950s and the Desilu Studios to watch the “filming” of two episodes of the iconic and beloved sitcom, I Love Lucy. Enjoy vintage-style live musical commercials and be entertained by the music of the ‘Ricky Ricardo Orchestra’ live. Ba-ba-luuuuuu!
- Staged and Directed by Rick Sparks
- Musical Director Wayne Moore
- Starring Sirena Irwin as Lucy Ricardo; Bill Mendieta as Ricky Ricardo, Bill Chott as Fred Mertz and Lisa Joffrey as Ethel Mertz
- Also featuring Tom Christensen, Steven Connor, Gregory Franklin, Kerri-Anne Lavin¸ Ed Martin, Denise Moses,Cindy Sciacca, Amy Tolsky, Gina Torrecilla, Mark Christopher Tracy
- Adapted for the stage and new material by Kim Flagg and Rick Sparks
- Presented by S. Kahn Presents and Millrock Company
- Produced by Hyra George and Kim Flagg
- Executive Producers David George and Stephen Kahn
Continues through February 26
- Wednesdays @ 8 pm: Nov. 23, 30; Dec. 14, 28; Jan. 11, 18, 25; Feb. 8, 15, 22 (Dark: Dec. 7, 21; Jan. 4; Feb 1)
- Thursdays @ 8pm: Dec.1, 8, 15, 29; Jan. 12, 19, 26; Feb. 2, 9, 16, 23 (Dark: Nov. 24; Dec. 22; Jan. 5)
- Fridays @ 8 pm: Nov. 25; Dec. 2, 9, 16, 30; Jan. 13, 20, 27; Feb. 3, 10. 17, 24 (Dark: Dec, 23; Jan. 6)
- Saturdays @ 3 pm & 8 pm: Nov. 26; Dec. 3, 10, 17; Jan. 14, 21, 28; Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25 (Dark: Dec. 24, 31; Jan 7)
- Sundays @ 7 pm: Nov. 27; Dec. 4, 11, 18; Jan. 15, 22, 29; Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26
(Dark: Dec. 25; Jan 1, 8)
Greenway Court Theatre
544 N. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles CA 90036