The demand for warm clothing and coats has skyrocketed recently.” Brazier said. “Traditionally, our Thrift stores have been a main source for our neighbors in need to purchase quality, low-priced winter wear.
Detroit, MI (PRWEB) November 29, 2011
To help local individuals in need this winter, The Society of St. Vincent de Paul-Detroit (SVdP) will partner with Flame Heating and Cooling and Office Express by initiating a Winter Coat Drive at its metro Detroit locations. Flame Heating and Cooling locations, as well as 11 St. Vincent de Paul – Detroit Thrift store locations will serve as coat drop-off sites from October 17th until December 30th. Office Express will serve as a collection site beginning November 1st.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul – Detroit is a human service organization based in Detroit, MI that provides emergency assistance to individuals in Southeast Michigan.
The Winter Coat Drive will benefit local citizens in need of warm winter wear. “The demand for warm clothing and coats has skyrocketed recently.” Brazier said. “Traditionally, our Thrift stores have been a main source for our neighbors in need to purchase quality, low-priced winter wear. We are grateful for the partnerships with Office Express and Flame Heating and Cooling. It will allow us to provide better assistance to those in need this winter. ”
Donations for the Winter Coat Drive can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Flame’s Warren headquarters (2200 East 11 Mile Road),
- Flame’s Fraser showroom (32314 Utica Road),
- Flame’s Riverview showroom (11781 Longsdorf Street), or
- Office Express in Troy (1280 W. Big Beaver)
Additionally, items can be dropped off in the appropriate bins at St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Stores, as well as its Central Office location:
- BPC – Bailing/Processing Center – 12662 Burt Road, Detroit, 313-672-7837
- Clinton Township – 35129 S. Gratiot Avenue, 586-792-3500
- Detroit (east) – 14922 Kercheval Street, 313-331-6992
- Detroit (west) – 15725 Grand River Avenue, 313-836-2878
- Dixie Highway – 5395 Dixie Highway, 248-623-2780
- Inkster – 27114 Michigan Avenue, 313-277-4617
- Lincoln Park – 3760 Fort Street, 313-382-3100
- Port Huron – 1335 24th Street, 810-984-5392
- St. Clair Shores – 23746 Greater Mack Avenue, 586-773-0190
- Utica – 45550 Van Dyke, 586-323-5133
- Waterford – 2235 Elizabeth Lake Road, 248-681-6760
- Westland – 6613 N. Wayne Road, 734-729-3088
- Detroit - Van Elslander Family Center – 3000 Gratiot Ave., 313-393-2930
About the Society of St. Vincent de Paul-Detroit
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul-Detroit is the local arm of The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, a Catholic lay organization and one of the oldest charitable organizations in the world. The Detroit office of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a major provider of human and disaster relief services, assisting people in crisis that have been victims of fires or floods, lost their job, or other urgent situations by providing emergency support. The Society works in conjunction with the Archdiocese of Detroit, networking with 2,000 Vincentian volunteers in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Lapeer, St. Clair and Monroe counties, and assisting 30,000 local households annually. For more information, visit http://www.moreforthepoor.org.